Sign in to follow this  
Guest rene_35

Fly Legacy first bird...

G'day Rene,Gorgeous cockpit absolutely stunning.!Is that a VC cockpit??Now you've confused me? I thought that all aircraft would be functional in Fly! Legacy ??What's different about Fly! Legacy aircraft.Cheers,Roger

Guest rene_35

You're right Roger, but all fly!2 aircrafts will not use new graphics instructions. New aircrafts will use them (we hope :-)

Guest Chris Wallace

>Now you've confused me? I thought that all aircraft would be>functional in Fly! Legacy ??>What's different about Fly! Legacy aircraft.All default Fly! II aircraft will be certainly be fully functional in Fly! Legacy...can't guarantee that third party DLLs will work without having to be recompiled. The DLL source code would still be compatible, but it might need to be rebuilt with the Fly! Legacy libraries.But it looks like those crazy ROTW folks are dreaming up some very nice enhancements too!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Chris,< looks like those crazy ROTW folks are dreaming up some very nice enhancements too! >That's great, but you are making me a little nervous. Will Fly! Legacy with all these nice enhancements still run on WIN 98SE?Cheers,Roger

Guest Chris Wallace

Well, first of all this is completely speculative...this is the first I've seen of ROTW's concept so I have no idea what they have up their sleeves...guess I'll see it once they submit the code! But I'm assuming that any kind of enhanced functionality would have to be included in the aircraft specification, so all the default aircraft would still work the same old way. So any "new and improved" aircraft that used new functionality would be optional and shouldn't affect the old aircraft at all. It'd be hard to claim any kind of backwards compatibility if that wasn't the case.But on the other hand, if the project drags on long enough without being ready for release, sooner or later even _you_ will have upgraded your PC :-)Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Chris Wallace

Specifically on this point, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't, although I don't know that anybody on the development team has tried it. I use WinXP Home for my main PC, but I've tried it on a Win2000 laptop and it does work. I have an older PC in the basement that I will (someday) reinstall with Win98SE for use as a test bed...if that makes you feel better :-)Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Chris,> even -you- will have updated your PC >:-lolI wouldn't bet on it. Too many hassles.I love Win 98SE. :-) Thanks for your insightCheers,Roger

Hi Chris,"I will (someday) reinstall with Win98SE for use as a test bed...if that makes you feel better" :-)Well, it makes me feel better and I'm sure Roger feels better too! I still use Win98SE. By the way, I have XP Home on my laptop. XP is a memory hog! FLYII does great on my machine. PIII800, 512 SDRAM, 5600XT 256.I would be happy to be your tester if you like. Just send me the files. I'll try to break 'em for you.Thanks to all you guys for keeping FLYII alive and growing!Thanks