Sign in to follow this  
Earl_Buice

PBM file for Adventures

Guest tonyc

Earl, it's actually half the number of listed downloads. Unfortunately, Avsim counts each download twice. But 75 is still a very good number, considering that the forum is usually much quieter....tony

Tony, My point was that FLYII is a very small community now. Couple that with the fact that my little adventure file is insignificant compared to a plane or scenery, 75 is a pretty good showing. By the way, no big deal even if it was half, considering the 2 facts just mentioned, even that number isn't that bad. On the subject of Avsim counting twice, I just downloaded the file. The number read 77 before and 78 after. I think you are probably correct if the downloader used WINXP. I use WIN98SE and quite a few FLYII'ers do also.Happy FLYing!EArl

G'day Earl, >I use Win98SE and quite a few FlyII'ers do also. >Yep me too! But I haven't downloaded the adventure yet! Off to do so now. So that 's another one you can add.It's good to see you involving yourself. It's lots of fun; Keep it up.Edit: went from 78 to 79 downloads.Cheers,Roger

Hello Roger,Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, I agree, it is fun! I would encourage any of you other lurkers to upload a flight or adventure or whatever. It is fun.I hope you enjoy the little adventure, Roger. Its no big deal but the clouds did come out beautiful if you use the metar. I did the same flight for FS9 also. It is fun but the clouds are no where near as nice! Thanks Jure!I wish I could get an understanding of Python. I would like to be able to amke some real adventures. I have scoured the internet looking for more like the "Taking chances" adventures and the Check ride adventure. I couldn't find any more.By the way roger, thanks for the great repaints and planes you've done for FLYII. I have most or all of them and they are great!Take care all,Earl

G'day Earl,What's so special about PBM files for adventures?? Aren't they the same as PBM files for aircraft?Matthew Horridge wrote a great little utility called PBXmaker. It's great for making either PBM or PBG files. If you haven't got it and would like it just send me a private message containing your email address and I'll send it to you. It's very small file. All you need to do is make a 256 colour bitmap graphic in any paint program and then use PBXmaker to convert it to a PBM file.Cheers,Roger

Hi Roger,Sorry for delay, I just got back from Church. I wound up extracting the PBM I used in the Adventure file from the POD file for the Seneca. I would love to have the PBM maker utility you mention though. My email address is in my profile and in the readme in the Adventure file. Please send the program at your convenience.Its awfully good of you, Roger.Thanks,Earl