Sign in to follow this  
Guest Azzurro

New users looking for Fly!

Guest Azzurro

Hello dear friends,Here at Fly.Simvol-ROTW, we often receive messages from new potential users who would like to buy a copy of Fly!II.When they are Windows users, we send them on the websites practising auctions sales, and they often get there what they are looking for.But for Mac Users, it seems quite impossible to find copies for sale...Do you have an idea about the best way to find ancient users of Fly!II on Mac, who would accept to sell their original copy? If so, we could bring them to contact with buyers, for instance by creating a special forum dedicated to these contacts...Thanks in advance for your suggestions :-)

Guest tlc8126

I had to buy my copy of Fly! II for my iMac from a Seller on eBay, and am quite happy with it. (See my post in the Fly! II Mac Users Forum for some details on what I didn't like.)I have a 20" pre-iSight iMac with Mac OS X (10.4.5), a 2 GHz G5, 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM (upgraded from the original 512 MB), and a 250 GB SATA HD.I think that auctions like those on eBay and other sites are about the only place to get copies of Fly! II for Mac. But if there is enough interest, maybe people who have Mac copies, and want to sell them can at least list themselves here. (I don't think anyone wants to turn AvSim into an eBay like auction site for Aviation/Simulation software.)Aside from this, I am looking for help in taking the Fly! Legacy open source code and port it to Mac OS X (10.4). I would also need to know how many Mac users requesting Fly! II run on PowerPC Platforms vs Intel, and how many are using older Mac OS releases (8.0, 9.0, 9.2, etc). This will tell me if I'll need to learn the Mac's older Carbon framework. (I am planning all my current efforts on the Cocoa frameworks on the G5, and likely the Intel chips as well.) Aloha'sThomas C.(No, I don't want to sell my Fly! II for Mac copy!)

Guest Azzurro

Thank you for your answers, gentlemen, I will use them :-) For Thomas : at this time, MacUsers who contact us generally say that they are running under OSX on PowerMac's, so I think that you can forget all that concerns older Mac systems.Obviously, "Mactel" users may appear in a quick future.It's great from you to adapt "Fly Legacy" for Mac Users, and I hope you will get help from other involved people !CheersAzzurro

>Obviously, "Mactel" users may appear in a quick future.Well, after the arrival of Windows XP on Intel Macs via Boot Camp I doubt if we see any of them wanting running Fly! under OS X - I don

Guest tonyc

Apple has just announced that their macs will run windows OS....tony

'lo M8s:I dont work on Macs, but seeing fellow pilots having difficulty bears weight on my soul, so I did a bit of surfing and I found this:to buy fly! II on Mac....http://www.webcommunitysoftware.com/online...t_Code=WCS33952or here too...http://www.shop.com/op/~Fly!_II_(Mac)-prod...38?sourceid=298pricewise looks a bit dear, but if u divide it by the years of enjoyment u get out of it, then it works out cheaper than marriage, university degree and 3 kids (+ a lifetime of beer) ;)Dan

Guest Azzurro

>I will be the last Power Mac user using Fly! before I can/want afford a new Mac Book in some years. I will turn off the lights in the Fly! Mac user forum then.Don't turn off the lights too quickly, because on our forum at Simvol we have several Mac users in activity using Fly! ;-)> Dan, thanks for these links, one of our Mac Users has bought a copy.