Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Socata slight blemish?

Guest tonyc

I don't know if it's my system, but there's a small, pink line appearing on the windshield of the Socata. It appears in all views, except in the larger instrument panel. This is some work of art! It's the first plane I can manually fly IFR and not over control.tony

Guest chezz

Hi tony,When I first fired-up the tb10 i had the same blemish but it was gone the next time i took her for a ride.chris_CA

Guest tonyc

that's interesting......tony

G'day Tony, Its NOT a bug or blemish!! This is an ROTW aircraft, not a Roger aircraft :-lolThat pink line is a reference line for setting up the horizon. You can switch it on or off using the "crew music" switch just to the right of the master switches. It's mentioned somewhere in the blurb.Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

I should know better than not to read the instructions. My humble apologies to ROTW and the team! Roger, what planes are working on?My career change has my head on other things like solar lights and a new web site. One of these days, you may want to take over the Electra.... tony

G'day Tony,> Roger, what planes are working on? The list is long..... and growing. :-)All in various stages of development. Most will never make it to fruition, so it's pointless listing them here but keep your eye out for a 1957 DHC 3 Otter (on floats) that's nearing completion.> One of these days, you may want to take>over the Electra.... Yeah right! :-) good job I know your joking, as if I haven't got enough to do. Even if I wanted to I can't though as I'm using Truespace not 3dsMax.cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

you simply know how to make a man cry.....I still can't get over the Socata.... Fly and the socata could be a perfect sim for all student pilots....tony

Guest Colins2

G'day Roger,That looks verrrry nice :-)The Socata etc. are, of course, excellent but the old bush / float planes are what do it for me. (Showing my age now)I've got Bart's float planes and regularly fly them in both Fly! and Fly!11.If you need someone to test it for you sometime.......(I even haVE A SES license)CheersColin

G'day Colin,>The Socata etc. are, of course, excellent but the old bush />float planes are what do it for me.Agreed; the technical excellence of the Socata is indisputeable. I would be happy to be only half as gifted as the guys that put that aircraft together. To really get my "passion" flowing the older aircraft do it for me as well. I have just started another "Bushie". You'll never guess what. :-) >(Showing my age now)Aww shucks - thats my line! I'm older than you :-lol>I've got Bart's float planes and regularly fly them in both>Fly! and Fly!11. Are you beta testing the attached aircraft for Bart?? >If you need someone to test it for you sometime.......>(I even haVE A SES license) I'm going to hold you to this!! :-)Re Otter: I've still got a bit to do and then send the aircraft to get a DLL to enable it to be truly amphibious. At present it's land based using EDO's with retracts.Cheers,Roger

G'day Roger,"Aww shucks"! Are you from South Australia? hahaha. I'm from southeastern US. This is standrad phrase for us. It seemed funny to see "aww shucks" from an Australian! I think I have you both in age, I'm 56, thank God!I'd be happy to test for you too, Roger. I have WIN98SE, PIII800, 512SDRAM PC133. If it'll run on my box it will FLY! on most everyone elses!Have a great day gentlemen.Earl

G'Day Earl,>"Aww shucks"! It seemed funny to see "aww shucks" from an >Australian!Just a throwback to being inundated with a plethora of Americam TV shows I'm afraid. :-) I think it was Elmer Fudd or Bugs that used the expression a lot. :-lol Most Americans have absolutely no idea just how Americanised we are! Coca-Cola, McDonalds, KFC and Harvard School of Business Economics have a lot to answer for :-lol >I have you both in age, I'm 56, thank God! Not even close! :-lol >I'd be happy to test for you too, Roger. I have WIN98SE,>PIII800, 512SDRAM PC133.I'm using Win98SE myself - Thanks for the offer. Its nice to know you are willing to help if required.Cheers,Roger

Guest Colins2

G'Day Roger,>>I've got Bart's float planes and regularly fly them in both>>Fly! and Fly!11.>Are you beta testing the attached aircraft for Bart??No, not really beta testing now.I was but Bart got really busy with other things like real flying etc.I also was very busy with my shape and terrain stuff.I don't 'Fly!' much now - no time - but when I do, it is generally an oldie / seaplane.CheersColin