Sign in to follow this  
michal

does anyone here remember

.. the name of the fellow who developed the very first aircraft add-on for the very first version of FLY!. I think it was a 757 and it was a freeware. The forum archives don't go far enough in time for me to find out nor his aircraft is still in the library.Michael J.

G'day Michael,Wow that question sent me delving into my achived stuff on CD for Fly!.I have a 757-200 uploaded by Edward Budianto. It is a repaint of the original aircraft by Doug Moldenhauer (model) / Robero Vigetti (panel). For some strange reason I don't have the original? Anyway I hope these names may be who you are after.Cheers,Rogeredit: readme file from within ZIPFile Description:Repainted version of the Doug Moldenhauer B757-200 and panel from Roberto Vigetti. Also I did a little adjustment for flight model based on Boeing's 757-200 Datasheet and a DEX file for Soekarno Hatta Intl ILS. Thanks to Doug Moldenhauer, he did such a perfect airplane model!Author: Edward Budianto Still in the Library!!!!Category: Fly! - Aircraft Boeing 757-200 Release Version 1.0 (Update) File Description:This is the First 2nd party aircraft built form scratch and released to freeware that I'm aware of. It includes many hundreds of hours of work, learning 3d design, 3d studio, flight modeling, flight tests, etc. It is the first aircraft I've ever designed, and I hope you like her. Filename: boeing757.zip License: Check within download Added: 15th February 2000 Downloads: 2253 Author: Doug Moldenhauer Size: 412kb

Guest Chris Wallace

My first guess would have been Doug Moldenhauer's 757 as well...I'll check through my archives and see if I can make that more definitive.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

>>My first guess would have been Doug Moldenhauer's That's right Chris!! This was the name I was looking for. Thanks to you and Roger. I thought that Doug was the panel guy but I was wrong.By the way, does anyone recall the fact that he lost his daughter to cancer while working on this 757? Or perhaps it is just my imagination.Michael J.

Guest paradoxbox

Doug Moldenhauer, Damian Clark, Elrond Elvish, Rob Young and myself were the first people to make aircraft for the original Fly! I do believe Doug had a situation regarding a family member back then, but I don't remember the details about it. I haven't seen or heard from him in a very long time, more than 3 years now.

Yes - he did lose a daughter, but I don't know all of the details. I had the pleasure of working with him for a while on a new ATC program, and he mentioned it during one conversation. He's a real gentleman - a pleasure to work with.His ATC add-on was DLL-based and actually was working pretty well during the testing phases, but the advent of C4TO at the same time shut it down.

Randall Rocke