Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

F2FDesign

Guest Steve Brown

I guess its a secret then.Steve

Guest Jason Briggs

Hi Steve,I noticed it was off line... I posted some info a bit early this mourning.. East Austrlian Time, then everthing went quite... HMMM!Wonder if it was something I said!!! :-hmmmSee ya later mate.Jason

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi steveI thought the same thing as to the f2fd site.Now ,You may see why I got out of this group. it`s not the people. Don`t get me wrongThese groups od developers are WONDERFUL, but the response to developers not using other sites to get info is not very large as is M$ FS9, X-Plane, and Avsim which dominatesMind you they & R.O.T.W. and other smaller groups are really keeping fly alive, that this site might not be very important to them or others but the donations may also not have been sufficent for them to keep this site online I am very sorry to see that the f2fd site is offline , but what else could i do to keep this site online myself. pay money for nothing used in gain ?No one is really interested in www.flydevelopers.com anyway, and I couldn`t really keep paying hosting money that people would not USE TO THIER ADVANTAGEpilotsim7828

Guest Steve Brown

I would have liked an answer! F2FD.... Im not a member of F2FDesign anymore but still doing work for them in the way of the SeaWind. (Many hours work trying to sort out the panel with Ken, plus repaint conversions from the old model)You were very kind with your donations Jeff, and I know you did this even with your own money shortage.Well, no more work from me from now on. I would have liked to see more repaints for the SeaWind, and a proper panel for it. She is a Gem left unfinished. I feel sorry for Ken :-( But I just dont want to do anymore for a group that dont talk when you ask them.They never gave me much support anyway, which made me leave in the first place, infact it put me off Fly2 for ages

Guest pilotsim7828

Yes Steve, It is a shame that you were left unanswered, I even posted in the FORA ( Forums) under my username when I was still with f2fdesign at simvol and still no answer from even the deveopers themselves NO ONE even has that kindness to reply.Good talking to you once againSeems like a good time to try X-Plane :)Jeffpilotsim7828a New site for developers will be no more

Guest Steve Brown

I do know that some of them are very buisy with work and so on. Im back and to from different locations in the UK and also London and Spain since this post, so I do know what buisy is. Im helping art students at college with tutorials as well lol.I may have sounded a little harsh, well quite harsh in my last post, so I must explain myself. The way things are run with ROTW is the way I would like it with F2FD, but because of work/study and so on, it would be impossible to do it like that. So the support I wanted could not be given. Because they used another repainter as he was more experienced I didnt see the point of me being there (as there painter) also Jan is a great painter himself, so I really felt like a spare part hung up on the wall!!!. Then when the building of the Dauphin was being done I had to re~do all my paints I had done for the older model. Then it/the model was all changed and once it was released I had no time to re~do all my paints (because of a mixup with files being sent to me). Of course, then others, not there fault started to do and complete what I had already done for F2FD. I pleaded as many know, but it made me feel like an outcast.I just cant work like that. I needed a bit more order. So after 5 or 6 repaints being binned it threw me right off.I have no complaint about anyone in F2FD, I just needed more order on my side of things which couldnt be given. As in a happy go lucky... do it as you find the time idea!I hardly use Fly2 now. I was itching to do more for Fly2, but why should I if only few now are willing to talk to you... There are fewer people here as the months go by. Many have said that the Fly 2 forum Is one of the most friendly... I think we should prove this by helping others and training them to work with Fly2... before its tooooo late.Steve

Guest tonyc

Steve,When one thinks about it, doing work for FLY is strictly an individual act. In fact, it's a hobby. As to why one chooses FLY2 as opposed to another program, it's a bit of a mistery. I feel a connection with FLY2 simply because I've worked with it for a long time and it still feels right. It's like my own private cabin. FS9 is out there, and a little guy like me simply feels lost. But all of this is purely subjective. FLY2 is a concept: it really doesn't care if no one works with it anymore. The nature of software is that unless big money is behind it, it dies of a horrible death. Lastly, when one considers the open source flight sim that has been around for many years and attracts students and very strong programmers, it still does not come close to FLY2. So what's my point? I guess for the 40 dollars or so I spent a few years ago, this has been a very good ride for me. As our lives change, our involvement with our "games" changes as well. When I was employed and bored, I worked on FLY2 for getting my mind off my work. Now that I am embarking on a new chapter in my life--solar lights for the developing world( greenenergiesllc.com)-- doing any work on FLY2 is a distraction. There's no question, though, that with Richard's death, a large part of FLY2 died also. tony

Guest Steve Brown

Very true Tony :-) I think its my Passion that drives me so hard. While at NASA the passion they have just rubbed off on me. Each time I go it gets stronger lol (4th time now 5th shortly yyeeeeeyyy)Since Richard died I just wanted to do a group hug and get on with things. Your right, its only a hobby.Steve ;-) Steve steps back and ponders lol EDIT:After an email from Roger, Im more in understanding of whats gone on. In my comments I may have sounded bad against Ken. Sorry Ken, your a great guy and I think very highly of you, I also deeply respect you and what you have accomplished! Ken and I are good friends and write regularly. I was just fed up about the state of help from F2FD. Im to blame too! I just dont want to spend many more hours on a project that will never be finished.Thats why I like things organized, everyone knows where they are then :-) Im sorry Ken if I sounded harsh towards you and the Seawind projectYour friend, SteveArt/Wallpaperhttp://steviebee.deviantart.com/

Guest Steve Brown

KenRest assured mate I will finish my work for you on the SeaWind.The paintwork will be completed as promised.I have all the files I need, so no problem there.I have a few more trips away and then I will continue :-) As far as F2FD is, I now understand and Im sorry if I blew my top a little (well a lot actually giggle). I just wondered why knowone answered me :-( Its a shame Jeff and I were not informed or asked as we could have done something about it... that was the whole point of us asking ;-) here and Jeff at the other forum. When you get no answere its very frustrating, if you understand me!As It was Jeffs creation (The Website) and money in the beggining until he handed things to the others. Its very strange Jeff was thinking along the same lines as me... we havent even talked in months :-) spooky ;-) We just wanted to find out if everything was OK and if our help was needed :-) Ah well mixups happen..End of story..I have an idea....Back soon ;-) SteveArt/Wallpaperhttp://steviebee.deviantart.com/

Rest assured, my friend, no offense has been taken! :-)I too have been kept very busy, and some problems with the home life has left me on the short end of things (like back to dial-up modem vice DSL), so I don't get online as much as I had been in the past. The group still works here and there. My thought would be along the lines of Jeff - the donations just have not been forthcoming, and so the site is probably down for that reason alone - not for a real lack of ignoring it.Anywho - you just do what you need to, and when you can do the repaints, and issue them, that be fine and dandy! I am still working slowly with the panel as is. ;-) Side note: Randall R. - can you shoot me an email with project cost of providing the DVDs of the USGS data? I need to do a few globe tiles for southern PA (Philly and NW of Philly), so once we are totally complete with Seawind, I can send it and the TS'd area to Seawind Inc. for their enjoyment. Thanks!And thanks Steve! Never worry about voicing yourself with concerns! Had I known something and checked in more often, I might have been able to give a better answer!Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest YV52C

Hi AllIf somebody inform me details of the page I have no problem to pay for the website at least for one year, but I need details to check with one affordable hosting that I know.RgdsCesar/Venezuelayv52

Guest pilotsim7828

Alejandro had some probs But the site is up and running againpilotsim7828