Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

DHC-3 Otter Amphibian uploaded to Library

G'day all,Thanks to invaluable work by Alejandro Amigorena and Laurent Claudet the Otter is now in the Library in both Mac and PC versions. Unfortunately the Mac version isn't amphibious. We need a Mac programmer who can make dll's. The aircraft is ideally suited for flying around the backwoods. I hope it gives some small pleasure to your simming experience.Just remember Blue is for water and green is for land; if you forget you will go whale watching. :-lolCheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

Roger,what a beauty. YOu've joined a great group of developers. Congratulations.tony

Guest STAVKA

Hello,THANKS VERY MUCH it is a beautifull Plane!My fly!2 version is for PC, when you release the PC version of this plane, i have 2 suggestions:1 - please put the bendix gps display on the bendix console (on the center of panel) and not on the top of panel2 - the sound when i increase the throttle have a jump and not a fluid sound increaseI have a question, when i try to land on water with closed wheels i saw the whales :( and not float, is a problem of Otter MAC version (that i have) on a PC or i made something wrong?Thanks in advanceWith best regardsTercio Sampaio

Guest chezz

Thank you for another wonderful add-o.chris_CA

G'day Tercio,If I read you correctly what you are doing is using the Mac version of the Otter on an IBM PC. ?????? :-eek 1. The Mac version unfortunately isn't amphibious !!! Try landing on water and you WILL go whale watching. :-) If you are using Fly!II on a PC then download the PC version from the Library and enjoy the benfits of a fully functional amphibious floatplane.2. The sound I know is NOT good. It is a bit stuttery and very Biplane-ish to the ears. So it should be as it is 100% out of the Stearman. :-) For my next model I will attempt to get a more throaty radial sound. I can't program for peanuts so its way beyond my capabilities to do anything about it. Sorry.3. I anguished over the inclusion of a GPS !!! This aircraft was for backwoods bush flying 1950's style. No GPS then. I only included the GPS as an emergeny resource for those (like me} that may get lost and need help. :-) It is not intended as the primary navigation instrument. That's why I made it possible to completely remove the GPS from the display, for those who wish to recreate a more realistic flying experience. As to re-positioning the GPS - too late! The PC version is already uploaded. If you want I can reposition the GPS to the centre top of the glareshield for you. Email me and I'll send you the necessary modified files.Glad you liked the aircraft ....... try the PC version.Cheers,Roger

Guest Mats_Frisk

Wonderful!!A real bush plane. Can

Guest STAVKA

Hello Roger,Thanks very much about your support!!!I will appreciate very much if you send me the PC version with the complete bendix gps (with buttons) on the panel (probably in the button right on the main pane)My email is - i n f o r l i s (at) n e t c a b o . p twhen (at) means @I think the roll axes must be more sensible (you think so too??? )I doesn't know if it is a runway problem, but the main wheels appears a little in the ground, almost to the center axes of the wheelsWith best regards and thanks!!!Tercio Sampaio

G'day Tercio,OK mate, It will take some time as I have a lot on my plate but I'll try. I would however suggest the centre of the glareshield as the postion rather than the lower right of the panel.The files will be indivual (not podded) and will require placing in the relevent folders.I'm not a pilot and have no idea as to whether it is sensitive enough or not. The otter is a LARGE aircraft. You can fit eight (8) Cessna's in the same box as only 1 otter. At 8000 lbs MTOW it is not a light aircraft by any means. Please feel free to open the pod and tinker with the moments of inertia if you like.Ah I knew this one was coming. :-) In order to make the aircraft truly amphibious I had to deliberately raise the aircraft contact points so that the floats would sit IN the water rather than ON the water. The result of this is that the main wheels sink into the runway when on land. Its a compromise that you will just have to live with I'm afraid.If runway wheel position is vitally important to you then use the Mac version on your PC BUT then you can't land on water, or else you will go whale watching :-)Cheers,Roger

G'day Roger,Wow! Roger, she's beautiful! and flies like a bird. I love the plane. I can't wait to see what else you have "on your plate"! FLYII just keeps getting better. Thanks for all you do Roger.Have a great day!God bless,Earl

Guest STAVKA

Hello Roger,THANKS VERY MUCH!!!!With best regards and wishesTercio Sampaio

Hi Roger, and crewShe looks stunning, I'm of to the library to download her and give her a whirl. Bye the way regarding the sound issue, I seem to remember coming across a radial engine sound pack somewhere in the library (I think it was for a Beech or Boeing) was wondering whether you'll be able to use these sounds (with the authors permission of course).....just a thought.Anyhow, a big thanks again mate for all your hard work.RegardsJohnBoeing 737 NG project

G'day Alex, Credit where credits due I say. Just my way of saying thanks very much for your contribution. I couldn't have released the Otter without it, and I feel its only appropriate to acknowledge it to the forum.Hope you like it. Cheers,Roger