Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Would you like to use vasFMC with Fly ?

Guest laurentC

Hi ther all,Do you know vasFMC ?(avsim news archive june 14 2006 to june 2006)"VAS Project Announces vasFMC v1.10"I tried it with FS and I asked myself why just FS or x-plane users were so luky to use it ? The response was in a simple Fly! dll !I'm finishing it and you'd be allowed to use the x-plane version of the vasFMC free program with your favorite Fly! ... if you're luky enough to have also a second computer to run the vasFMC application 'cos Fly!, differently from FS or x-plane can't diplay the FMC window above the Fly! session ... sigh !Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest tonyc

I agree, Laurent. Wherever the "others go" , so will FLY!. Thank you for the work.tony

Guest laurentC

To ease your settings a notch ...let say my desktop with fly! is 10.52.110.5 and my laptop is 10.52.110.16 then the fly! ini_client_file_fmc.xmlwould be like that :10.52.110.161200010.52.110.51200150and the end of the vasFMC.cfg file would be like that :xplanereadport=12000xplanewritehost=127.0.0.1xplanewriteport=12001Now fire up first Fly! then vasFMC ...Cheers,laurentChttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152033.gif

G'day Laurent,> also a second computer.....Does that mean that even with dual monitors off the same video card it can't be used?Cheers,Roger

Guest laurentC

Hi Roger,Right now you can run both vasFMC and Fly! on the same computer with a sole monitor but you actually have to switch between Fly! and the vasFMC program with the Alt+Tab command (you just need to use the 127.0.0.1 IP address).I would not take that for sure but if you have two monitors with your computer you'd be able to see both Fly! and vasFMC running together ... If someone can have a try and report here it would be interesting for the rest of us.The vasFMC is really interesting in the "hold" and SID and STAR pattern following areas.Cheers,laurentC

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks Laurent, i's working well with 2 monitors !I hope you'll implement the Fly! autopilot link as we can get all the SID/STAR routes from FSNavigator...- roland -

Guest laurentC

Thanks Roland for the feedback ...Well, if it works with two monitors, why wouldn't I finish it and install the Ap link ... ?Cheers,laurentC

Guest laurentC

Hi there all,There it is : a new dll that can cope with the AP in the vasFMC program ... but only with the K140, K150 and K200 auto-pilots (i.e. flyhawk, malibu and java types) for I didn't (yet ?) find a way to get linked with the Collins efis serie (I actually don't know how to get data from them ...)http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/vasFMC_Fly_con...vasFMC_v1.1.zipIf (when) I find a way to get data from the Collins serie I'll post the new version here.Cheers,laurentChttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152258.gif

Guest roland_lfor

Laurent,I've tested the new version :The Fly! heading bug is correctly shown in vasFMC, but the computed heading value of vasFMC to the next waypoint is not send to Fly! AP heading when "AP couple" is ON.(made test with the Seneca) Is it normal ?- roland -

Guest laurentC

Hum ...I have to make some tests : the Fly! side of the package is only charged to send data to the main application and I'd have to see if this issue is my error or not ? Anyway thanks for the feedback ... I'll try to fix all that in the next weeks.Cheers,laurentC

Guest roland_lfor

I guess that vasFMC is supposed to send data throught Fly! AP as well in order to follow any SID/STAR input. Probably the mirror Ethernet port (12001 or 12000 ?) is opened for that purpose.Cheers- roland -

Guest laurentC

... ? Well, perhaps you're right, but I haven't investigate so far ...I've fixed the beacon heading figure showing up in the navdisplay according to the flight path (before this value was over 360

Guest roland_lfor

When "AP couple" is ON, the value shown on "AP Hdg" (vasFMC window) should be send continuously to the Fly! heading AP value I think.- roland -

Guest roland_lfor

I think that the Fly! DLL should open the 12001 hearing port to receive the heading data from vasFMC when AP couple is ON.Also the GS and TAS speeds seems to be always equal.Cheers- roland -