Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason Briggs

PDQ-3 Ultralight Upload

Guest Jason Briggs

Hello everybody!!I would just like to quickly say to you all that i posted a new plane for FlyII on the avsim server yesterday. I noticed that a few people had already downloaded it even before it could be announced on the front news page.... :-) Good to see a few people still useing FLYII.The plane is a PDQ-3 Ultralight, and while it flies,(for your amusement mostly), please remember it is my first aircraft for FLY.Any feedback throught this fourm, or the email included in the POH, would be appriecated...Take care poeple,Kindest regards,Jason:-)

Guest YV52C

Hi! JasonMany tks for your contribution, our comunity is small now, but there is still people around using this wonderful simulator, again many tks.BTW fly OK.RgdsCesar/VenezuelaYV52

Guest tonyc

nice job, Jason.tony

Guest Jason Briggs

Gadday Cesar,Thanks for the kind words and yes in indeed, fly is a wonderful flight simulator. I still feel it is in many areas well ahead of the MS platform.I noticed that the community of FLYII is a small one, but it is also a very active community given it's size. In addition to that the many and varied people who still use FLY are amongst the friendliest you will find on the WWW. :-)I am hoping for some adive on what people would want developed for FLY next.... I have a list of projects that interest me... some have already had a bit of work done on them...(1) GA-8 Airvan(2) C310R(3) TigermothAny preferences on what you would all like to see next.Please let me now, as any of these three projects interest me, a lot will depend on what interests others as well.Blue Skies to you all.Kind regardsJason

Guest tonyc

the c310 was a craft that I've flown, especially during my flight training days....tony

Guest Jason Briggs

Hi Tony,the only twin I ever flew in command was a senneca... but always droolled over the 310's and baron's that came to my home airport.It would be nice to do a 310, there such a good looking plane, would you be willing to do some beta testing on the flight model if I were to get it to that stage Tony... would be very much appriecated mate.I'll wait for a reply and see if there are any other comments from yourself and the others on the fourm.Thanks for your interst mate.Jason

G'day Jason,Congratulations on your first aircraft for Fly!II Just downloaded and took it for a flight. What a superb little trike. Very realistic looking pilot and sensible pilot - he chickened out when I tried to loop the aircraft :-lol. >I noticed that a few people had already downloaded it even before it could be announced on the front news page.... :-) Good to see a few people still useing FLYII. Thanks for sharing your work with the Fly! community. I hope we hear from you a lot more in the future now that you've found the Fly! forum.Cheers,Roger @YSSYps are you an Aussie? :-)

Guest Jason Briggs

Hi Roger,I'm glad you like the PDQ-3!!! It was a very steap learning curve, and i feel not anywhere near as good as it could have been.I have been heasitate in the past to post to any forums, due mostly in part to my concern of how my DUMB!! questions would be recieved, but as I said, it seems to me as though this is one of the better places to be on the internet.To answer your question Roger, YES, YES!! I am an Australian. I live in Wyreema, (Where the ####!!) It's acutally a small township 15 mins drive from Toowoomba, Queensland. I learnt to fly in Mackay though, and it was in north Queensland that I spent most of my flying days.I noticed on another thread that you are trying to help on the 737NG, concerning the backward pitching.... i don't have a great deal of time at the moment, but tell John to bring the Fuel tank positions forward. Start with a moderate amount of repostioning, and keep testing the plane till it well and truley does not carry on during the takeoff roll, at full fuel. It will mean at near empy weights the plane will pitch quite nose forward, and also require a bit of back trim on take off, but both are charteristics of the real 3.If that doesn' fix the problem, it may also mean doing the same thing with all of the bagage and pax positions.You were all on the right track, it's all about Center of Gavity, or CoG or CG for short.Take a 30cm ruler, stick out your finger and balance the ruler Roger. It should be about in the center. Now add a small dob of bluetac, or sticky tap a couple of paper clips to one end, then balance the ruler... SEE!! no longer does it balance in the center, the CG has been moved in the direction of the weight. Same in the real aircraft, same in the FLYII. It doesn't matter where we place the reference points in the FLY aircraft, as long as the trim is realistic. Nobody sees the fuel tank floating out ten foot forward of the wings, what they will see is the plane lift beautifully into the air, with no backward picthing on the take off roll.Like I said Roger, you were on the right track.... you would have made a fine pilot my friend!!Any questions about what i just mentioned email me....j g b r i g g s y (at) g m a i l (dot) c o mlove to hear from you mate.Take care.Kindest regards. Jason:-)

Guest Steve Brown

A fantastic Trike and model you have made. I can see I will be flying this a lot. She is polished and placed in my hangar.Thankyou for all your hard work.SteveArt/Wallpaperhttp://steviebee.deviantart.com/

G'day Jason, I've been painting my daughter's house all day and am absolutely knackered (not as young as I used to be) so I'm sorry to be a little late in replying.>I'm glad you like the PDQ-3!!! It was a very steap learning>curve, and i feel not anywhere near as good as it could have>been.It's a credit to you that you have accomplished the achievement of making an aircraft for fly!II without having to resort to the forum for help.Sure the aircraft could be better. Every aircraft ever made could be better. It's the doctrine " my next aircraft will be better " that is the driving force for aircraft modelling. If your first aircraft was perfect then whats the point in making another aircraft.? :-lol >I have been heasitate in the past to post to any forums, due>mostly in part to my concern of how my DUMB!! questions would>be recieved, but as I said, it seems to me as though this is>one of the better places to be on the internet.You will not meet a nicer group of simmers than the guys on the Fly! forums. No such thing as a "dumb question". If there was I would have been kicked off this forum years ago. :-lol>To answer your question Roger, YES, YES! I am an Australian. >I live in Wyreema, (Where the ####!!) It's acutally a small>township 15 mins drive from Toowoomba, Queensland. I learnt>to fly in Mackay though, and it was in north Queensland that I>spent most of my flying days.I picked you as an Aussie as soon as I saw you use the word "mate" in your post and then saw the aircraft you have lined up. I'm living in Gymea, a southern suburb of Sydney not too far from Sydney Kingsford- Smith airport. (YSSY).>Any questions about what i just mentioned email me....>>j g b r i g g s y (at) g m a i l (dot) c o m>>love to hear from you mate.I will email you but it may be a few days though so don't expect it immediately.Cheers,Roger