Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

Sahara - Attitude indicator

Guest 3cffts

Hi Roger,You are so right! More humble pie for me! My fingers and thumbs must be in the wrong place! Thought I had tried searching for flygraphics10.zip before in both 'Terminal REality' and 'Fly!' with no luck, but they work perfectly now.I am enjoying playing around with the attitude gauge and think I am getting somewhere .... but then another road block. I need to make a change in the 'Cockpit Manager' file 'cockmngr.cpp' .... but can I find that file!? I have looked in every POD file that would seem to be a possibility without success, but it must be somewhere!Do you have any idea where COCKMNGR.CPP is hiding? I need to change the gauge identifier to get my gauge to work.Cheers,Brian.

Hi Brian, Sorry I've not been around much this past week or so during your questions. Many thanks to Roger M. for filling in with all the answers! He's got a very good handle on steering you in the direction you wish to go! The COCKMNGR.CPP is, I believe, an error message dialog, indicating an error within your xxxx.PIT file. That file controls the cockpit imagery... in other words, which files are needed to display the cockpit. It is directly related to your .PNL file. The *.PIT file is found within the WORLD subfolder; on my system setup, it is F:FLY2WORLDxxxxx.PIT. So, if you were to extract the POD file with directory structure intact, you would find the relevant PIT file in the WORLD folder.Here is the file format for the Learjet that I've been toying with. -- Begin File -- /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Cockpit Manager // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// ---- cockpit manager ---- ---- begin cockpit manager ---- ---- forward cockpit entry ---- frnt Leartest.pnl ---- floor console entry ---- floo TRI41.pnl ---- overhead entry ---- over TRI42.pnl ---- fms panel entry ---- apu_ TRI45.pnl ---- fms panel entry ---- fms_ TRI46.pnl ---- upper right cockpit entry ---- uprt learright1 ---- right cockpit entry ---- rght learright2 ---- lower right cockpit entry ---- lwrt learright3 ---- backward cockpit entry ---- back learback ---- lower left cockpit entry ---- lwlt learleft3 ---- left cockpit entry ---- left learleft2 ---- upper left cockpit entry ---- uplt learleft1 ---- end cockpit manager ----endo -- End of File --As you can see, the cockpit manager only tells Fly!2 which files it needs to display the aircraft's panels in which directions. In this case, I have a modified Lear panel I am testing out for the main view. The Perrigrine (Hawker 400) panels continue to be used for the floor console, Overhead, FMS and APU panels. I have quality left/right fronts/ left/rights, and a rear view to finish it out. Notice that I do not have the file extension in there (480, 600 or 768 - which allows us to define each panelview in a different resolution mode). In the DATA folder is where the relevant files for those views are stored (in this case learleft.768 for 1024x768 resolution). Fly2 expects this. Now, what is generating the error is most likely a formatting error within the .PNL file itself. One too many spaces, or no space where one should be, or an incorrect pbm call. Ahhh, the fun of trouble-shooting! :-)AArrgghh! Too much info! Overload! Waarning! Warning! :-hahHope this helps a little more. Hope I have not confused you even more! Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest 3cffts

Hello Ken,Roger was a huge help and I have been successful in making the changes I wanted. I did as he suggested and changed the graphics file instead of trying to swap the .pbm files as is. I believe my error msg was that I was trying to call a .pbm file that the .exe file was not expecting for that airplane! Anyway, my problem is solved and the A/H looks great.The only other thing that I would like to improve is to make the Sahara A/H which now moves in approx two degree steps, move in .5 degree steps as does the A/H in the Perigrine. I will likely start a new thread in the Fly Development forum.Again, many thanks for you help! I had great fun making changes!Brian.