Sign in to follow this  
Guest angels355

Fly! 2 Hard Drive space--how much?

Guest angels355

Hello,How are you guys/gals doing? I've been banging on my computer hardware this past week and have been thinking about Fly!2 and how large the folder might get, given that I'm a very DEDICATED flight simmer.For example, I don't have my Fly!2K computer on right now so I can't say how big it is exactly, I was very gung ho about the aircraft but installed less scenery because I was very short on RAM. This week however I've doubled my RAM on that 350 mhz comuter to 256 mb's of RAM, it would have been maxed out at 384 mb's of RAM, however I found that one of the sticks was 133 mhz instead of 100 mhz, it will run either pc100 or 133, however I've read not at the same time must all be the same mhz. Also hope to increase my processor eventually to 500 or 550 mhz. (It's a swell computer really, it's in mint condition despite its' age.) Any way, with that increase in RAM Fly!2K runs much better, and I hope to max the RAM as soon as I'm able, and might add some more scenery. But as it is now, heavy on aircraft less on scenery, that folder I think might be around 2 gb's.As another example, while FS9 starts out at maybe only 1.5 to 2 gb's or so (?), my FS9 folder has increased to roughly 18-19 gb's. However there are many other FS9 fans whose folders are 80 to 125 gb's.If you are a dedicated fan of Fly!2, how large is your Fly!2 folder? I would like to know how big it could possibly get so that I can plan my hard drive space. (BTW this will be on a different faster computer, not my Fly!2K computer.)Of course, I'm looking forward to Fly! Legacy however that will most likely have to be on an entirely different computer.Thank you very much for your assistance.

Guest tonyc

mine is fully loaded and takes up 16 megs of space....tony

I'm at 17.7 GB right now, though I'm about to add 6 new aircraft and more TerraScenery - who knows where it will end up? :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest angels355

Thank you Tony and Randy,I sure appreciate your feedback. I still really enjoy Fly!2K, especially now that that computer is operating better, it's a really enjoyable break from FS. I especially enjoy that unique scenery. I'm still tinkering on my computers, have to get more hardware to get and install Fly!2.

Guest rene_35

with a great number of sceneries and aircrafts (all the ROTW's products and some others), I have 11.5 Gb for Fly!2The original Fly!2 needs 2.6 Gb

Guest angels355

Merci, I've browsed ROTW for a couple years for Fly!2K, and joined their forum, mais sang bleu (read a lot of Dumas), je peux pas trouver mon dictionaire francais! Et ou est mon eppe?!?