Sign in to follow this  
Guest dumptruck

DC-3

Guest dumptruck

Help please.I am a newbie to Fly 2 which I purchased recently as something different to fly from FS9.I am patched to latest version plus terra scene.I have tried to add ROTW DC-3 without success as it does not show up as a POD file when I extract it to the aircraft directory.I have downloaded other ac from the AVSIM library without any problems.Any of you experts suggest what my problem might be??Also any thoughts as to what the best non ac addon is to enhance FLY 2Cheers Steve

G'day Steve,Mate the *.zip file contains only five files.The dc3vhabr-1.podEnglish manualFrench manualEnglish readmeFrench readmeIf you have successfully downloaded and installed other aircraft I can only suggest that you have a corrupted downloaded *.zip file.Just for info double click and open the *zip file. Right click on the dc3vhabr-1.pod file and select properties.At the bottom of the properties box is a CRC (checksum) figure.on my computer it isCRC 1B213DECIs yours the same??I can only suggest you download again, but before you do just check that you haven't done something silly like inadvertently extracting to the wrong directory :-) I've done worse :-lolGet back if you still have problems.Cheers,Roger

Guest dumptruck

Thans for reply.I have re downloaded zip file.When I open file there is no .pod or manual and read me.The only thing I have identifies itself as a Gzip ?? file.Simvol doesnt seem to have an english language forum to answer questions only for their DVD.I presume the zip file is corrupted on their site.RegardsSteve

Guest dumptruck

Update, I've solved the problem looking forward to flying the old crate.Steve

Guest rene_35

Hi Steve,this is the link for the ROTW's DC-3:http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/DC-3_vhabr.zipI have dowloaded it without problem.Pay attention, sometimes, our zip files can't be read correctly by the windows'explorer unzip function. Try to use Winzip or some unzip tools like "7-zip" (free).This a link which proposes several zip/unzip tools:http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/DC-3_vhabr.zipHave good flights on our aircraftsRen