Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fonchy17

Screen Fly 2048x768

Guest roland_lfor

You need to chnge the value "gamePIXX" in the fly.ini :[Graphics]airShadowFlag=2showDistantClouds=1flatShadeFlag=0filterFlag=1useAGPFlag=2gamePIXX=2048;gamePIXX=1024gamePIXY=768And what I need to fly the P47 :-jumpy - roland -* ROTW member *

Guest Fonchy17

Hi RolandI change the value gamePIXX, and don

Guest roland_lfor

Your windows desktop should be set also to 2048 (on 2 screens with horizontal extension)- roland -

Guest roland_lfor

I don't think that a new Fly! installation would change that.It looks like a problem with your DirectX/VideoCard system when fly requires the screen creation with 2048 pixels width.Are you video drivers up to date ?You should try to uninstall your current video driver, (don't reboot after !) and launch DriverCleaner (www.drivercleaner.net) and clean everything regarding your card type. Then reboot and install the last driver available.- roland -

Guest arti

Fonchy, you need also this:[uI]askUserForGraphicSettings=0defaultStartScreen=0

Guest MauriceA

G'day to all of you;I had tried the same config time ago with a Radeon but without success; now, as I have Gforce w dual monitor, like Fonchy, I've tried again after reading your posts but unavoidably I get something like:FailedDrawPrimitiveIndex (not 100% so but you have the idea).The same if I try 1600 x 1200 on a single monitor, although slightly better; in some cases I get the first image (ex. Sahara at LEVC), but after changing views the error is just a few second away.No problems with the standard configuration.Any hints?Maurizio

G'day all,My better half recently bought me a nice new 19" LCD monitor for fathers day so I too quickly connected up a dual monitor configuration but fo far have had no success in getting Fly! II to run (split) on dual monitors. I get the option of three modesStandard mode (dual monitor): This mode allows windows desktop to span both monitors. I can move boxes/programs from monitor to monitor but Fly! II is steadfastly rooted to the #1 monitor - whilst desktop remains on monitor #2. clone: (both monitors are identical screens) Fly! II works fine in this mode but it is just like having a repeater monitor. scan: (this mode is not supported by Win98SE - is this the cause of my woes? I'm beginning to think that it is My set up is Win98SEnVidia 5900 chipset video cardmonitor #1 is 19" Benq LCD with max resolution of 1280 x 1024monitor #2 is 19" Mag CRT with max resolution of 1600 x 1200Whilst I can setup for desktop to extend across monitors there is no way I can see to set up a resolution of 2048 x 768 on either monitor With Win 98SE I think I am chasing a dreamCheers,Roger

Guest Bill Hinton

"Standard mode (dual monitor): This mode allows windows desktop to span both monitors. I can move boxes/programs from monitor to monitor but Fly! II is steadfastly rooted to the #1 monitor - whilst desktop remains on monitor #2."Roger,It appears to me that you are trying to get multi-monitor support.In a chst session with the late Richard Harvey (May God bless his soul), I specifically asked if Fly! II would have such a feature. His answer was No.If you have found some way to add such a feature to Fly! II, I would certainly appreciate some insight.Sincerely,

G'day Bill,All of the pics in this thread displaying Fly! II across 2 monitors are done using nVidia graphics cards.>It appears to me that you are trying to get multi-monitor>support.>>In a chst session with the late Richard Harvey (May God bless>his soul), I specifically asked if Fly! II would have such a>feature. His answer was No.That was a long time ago. A lot has changed since.My video card is an nVidia 5900 and is about 2 years old. It has the ability to connect 2 monitors.I've downloaded the manual from nVidia. nView modes1. dualview mode - this is the native microsoft windows mode. Window boxes, programs , shortcuts, task bar/menu bar can be dragged across from monitor to monitor.Under dualview mode when you switch to a full-screen Microsoft DOS window or boot to a DOS prompt the display is limited to the primary display monitor.In this mode Fly! II only occupies the primary display monitor.2. Clone mode. - identical information is displayed on both monitors.3. Span mode. - NOT SUPPORTED BY WIN98SE - requires winXPThis is the mode I want.Under span mode windows desktop is stretched to span all your displays. As far as windows is concerned you only have a single "logical" display device connected to your computer, the "physical" displays are combined togther to give you this "logical" display.Windows does not detect that you have two displays connected. It simply sees an oversized single display.ie if you have 2 monitors at 1024 x 768 each then windows sees a single monitor at 2048 x 768If you run Fly! II in this mode then the front panel would be displayed on the 2048 x 768 "logical" display (over both monitors) and you would be able to scroll the mouse across both monitors and click any control switches etc.All this mode is doing is tricking Fly! II into thinking that two monitors are actually only a single oversized monitor.If you want to know more then go to the nVidia website and download the manual.Cheers,Roger

Guest Bill Hinton

Roger,Thank you for the info.