Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominique

still flying Tahoe ?

Guest Dominique

Doing some HD cleaning I found an old screenie from my Fly!2 Tahoe scenery. I looked at the date, whoah ! Oct 2001 almost 5 years ! 5 years... Went to the library, 1221 downloads. Not bad :-) I switched to the competition long ago (MAAM DC3 drew me there ) so I wonder whether it is still good enough to fly... anybody still flying this scenery ?dominique

Guest chezz123

yes,thanks for the nice scenery.chris_CA

Guest Chris Wallace

Hey Dominique,Yes, in fact, your Tahoe scenery was the scenery area that I chose to test out the initial Fly! Legacy scenery code. You can see some pictures of the terrain (low-resolution textures only, I'm afraid, which don't really do it justice) in the Fly! Legacy screenshots:http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots...group_id=145467Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Dominique, I Fly! in the Tahoe scenery at least once a week. It is still, IMHO one of the most fun places to Fly! to from either LA or Denver area. Thanks for having created it! Nice to see you post in the forum again!Chris - I see you are making progress in getting 3rd party aircraft into Legacy... Did Laurent put you up to getting Seneca V in so fast? :-lolCheers All!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Dominique

Thank you all for answering :-cool It gives me some warm and fuzzy feelings to see you guys still flying it after all these years. The number of downloads doesn't express the satisfaction of downloaders (or the lack thereof :-) - 1222 and countin' thanks MacFlyer :D)... Twas a lot of "work" but a lot of fun too to make. Spend most of a summer vacation on it when I was living in Montreal. I love FS9 but I really miss the editing tools of the Fly! environment (Terrascene and Terramodels). Quite accessible to the average Joe. The only pic I still have is that one over Lake Washoe (I guess). I vaguely also remember placing cows on the Alpine Cy runway and b*tching over buildings constantly moving from where I placed them :-lol. http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/900/90do.jpg

Well,feel free to join the club once more. Grab a copy of Fly!2, the development tools ares till around and give us more food to enjoy :-)I just had a nice little sunday morning flight from Lake Tahoe to Carson City. Beautiful scenery, great weather, lovely airplane.......

Yes, still flying your Lake Tahoe scenery from time to time,and still enjoying it.:-) Cheers from Germany,Rodger

heheheh - well, if you *really* want to go back in time, I still load up Fly! (2K version) and love to fly around the Fly! Germany Rhein_Ruhr scenery (released through Aerosoft) by Marc Storing and Jurgen Kloos (sorry for incorrect punctuation on their names, no extra keyboard commands for the dots over the "o's"). It too, is a lot of fun to go back to and Fly!... ;-)Many CheersKen Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Dominique

Go back in time :-hah ?No thanks, you know, life's told me to cherish the good memories you've from a place or something you liked but not to try to go back to them. You're invariably disappointed.I left Fly! which I liked very much, have enjoyed FS2k2 et FS9 quite a lot since. Could I do without a DVC now, dynamic shading of the landscape, my "stable" of ** or Real Air warbirds and so on and so forth. No.I keep my good memories of Fly! alive including memories of this forum when RH was alive. Was happy to find the screenie on my HD and delighted that my Tahoe is still flown. That's enough :-cool .I may find the screenie back again in 10 years, who knows ? I wish you guys well in the meantime :-) ...