Sign in to follow this  

please remind me of the fixes that resolve lockups

Hi all, just upgraded computers, and now have the dreaded lockup...cold crash of the computer shortly after takeoff.Via kt266a mobo (Shuttle ak31 ver 3.1) latest biosXP1700+256 mb ddr pc2100win98Radeon 64 mb ddr vivomx300 Diamond sound cardEverything else seems to run snappy. I've installed the mobo drivers from the shuttle cd.Bob Bernstein

Hi Bob,Seeing as we have the same video card, I hope I can help out!I had close to the same problem as you with the ground textures looking "sky" blue but the environment textures looking normal. Seems that you have to disable the "TABLE FOG" option on the Radeon for things to look normal. Only way I know how to disable that option is to download a tweaker and do it by hand :-). The tweaker I use is Rage3D Tweaker which can be found . Another avenue you may try is to try using Radeon drivers made by Omega. They're better than the "official" ATI drivers and are set-up to avoid having to tweak every option/setting. They can be found [link:www.omegacorner.com]HEREGive that a go and see if it helps.As an aside In the past I would always install the VIA drivers first, reboot, then install my display drivers. Never caused me any grief. Good luck!!Mike

Guest Lobaeux4

I'm running into same problem, just started happening. Trying to figure out the problem, don't think it's my vid card though. I thought it might have been an incompatibility with a sound driver, but I think it's something to do with the latest VIA drivers. Still trying to work it, if I come up with something I'll let you know too.Joe

I'm going to check out Mike's advise above, disable table fog...fingers crossed.B

GREAT pointer, Mike.....checking now. THanks.B

My problems have been intermittent, but you may have hit this nail on the head. last night I had loaded a "profile" for my vid card from my tweaker...and I just checked and it has table fog enabled. This evening I've not had that problem and I'm running a different profile...table fog happens to be disabled in this profile.Thanks much!B

Hi again Bob are you getting a hard lock? if you are try locking yourrefresh rate as well with the rage 3D tweaker if you don't have email me and I will send it to you. Your bud Dan

I am still getting a random hard lock, not sure what u mean by the rage3d tweaker. I have the "Radeon Tweaker" by Todd Kulesza and Dan Giralte. Not sure how to lock the refresh rate.Looking forward to learning more...I'll go study the tweaker some.Bob B