Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz123

3rd post no help

Guest chezz123

Hi,This is my third post it seems noboby has a clue how to remove the blank window when you activate C4TO using the Alt+F key. I guess I have to reinstall my FLY2.chris_CA

Guest Colins2

Chris,As Tony says, I'm not sure either.However, I have seen blank windows as well.Sure, they are a nuisance but I'm not sure that there is much that can be done.I would also suggest that re-installing will not do anything! (except waste a lot of your time).FWIW, I have never re-installed Fly!11 from the day it came out.I have copied / moved it between ever larger hard drives but for all intents and purposes I still have the original installation.Colin

Guest angels355

Does Fly 2 degrade at all with successive copies to larger disks?We had a debate about doing the same thing w/ FS9 and that also was all that was needed, transferring it to a larger disk that is.

Guest Colins2

Chris,I haven't noticed any degradation; indeed I don't understand how it could happen?The only thing with Fly and all other programs where users can add vast amounts of data is the efficient management of storage.Fly scenery files can be huge and some overlapping can cause unexpected results etc. Old history files (*.hst) and situation (*.sit) files can also cause problems but mainly when installing upgrades.Fly stands up very well considering when it was written and I see no reason that it won't continue to do so.Colin

Guest angels355

I think Fly was way ahead of its' time. I have a new installation of it, and the blue skies are even more stunning than FS9.