Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

Reducing Internal Engine Volume in Fly II

Hello,does anyone know of a way (if there is a way) to reduce the internal engine volume in the Fly II aircraft? Some of them are way too loud yet I don't want to turn down the volume on all of the other features too. Robert Williamson

Hi Robert, Under the options tab you could select sound, but that appears to only adjust the overall volume... In your system folder, in the fly.ini file under SOUND are these settings for volume:MasterLVol=100MasterRVol=100SfxVol=100ModGameMusicVol=80I adjusted the SfxVol in mine to 80, but no appreciable change to the engine sound was discerned from within the cockpit. :-( But play around with both ways and see if you get anything to work the weay you'd like.I would guess that there really is not a way to make those types of adjustments (at this time... maybe ROTW guys will come up with some idea down the road!). :-)Hope this helps a little, at least!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest 3cffts

I am new to 'tweaking' Fly!, but here is how I changed the engine volume because I too found it too loud. Here is what I did for the Sahara (was Malibu).The engine .wav files for the SAhara are found in the Harvey.pod file. Save a copy of the original POD some where special in case you mess up!I then created a 'Temp' working directory and copied the Harvey.POD into it. Using "DragPODer.exe, I extracted 'Harvey' to 'Temp'. Open the 'Sound' directory, and you will see file 'MEX-ENG3.WAV'. Using Windows Media Player, reduce the volume to the level needed.Delete the 'Harvey.pod' file in 'Temp'(or you will get a double size POD file). Open 'DragPODer.exe again. Drag your 'Temp' folder onto 'DragPODer', enter save to 'Harvey.pod', and generate a new POD. Then copy this back into the 'Fly!IIAircraft' directory in place of the original 'Harvey.POD' and you should be ready to 'fly' in comfort! BTW the engine file for the Kodiak (was Navajo) is in the Java folder. You have to hunt around to find the appropriate folder for the acft you want to change. I have not found any index telling which acft files are where.Brian.

Guest 3cffts

I have not been able to find a '.VOL' file for the Hawker/Pergrine but did find a work-around to change the cockpit level of engine noise. I used the "Audacity" program ( available on-line) to reduce the volume (decibel) level of the H-INT-T1.WAV Wave file in the TRI4.POD. This worked just fine for me. It also changed the level of engine noise for the F16.Brian