Sign in to follow this  
Macflyer

Hobbs meter

Just wondering if the hobbs meter or to say it better if the hours a machine is flown in total in simulation has any effect on performance, failures, etc.?If not - I like it that it counts continiously for some record keeping.....

Yes, Fly!II aircraft experience wear and tear. As the hours add up, performance decreases, as long as the HST file isn't deleted or the aircraft isn't "reset".

Randall Rocke

There is a damage menu under the Aircraft top menu that shows categories of damage. Outside of major structural damage or failure, you will note that the engine and components indicator will move a little more after each flight - this actually denotes wear and tear, not damage. It's an easy place to check on the amount of wear on each sim aircraft's engine.I have yet to have this indicator go all the way to the right, as something has always interfered (resetting of the HST files due to a new installation, etc.).I think several of my aircraft are over half, so I should be finding out in the near future how Fly!II responds. There is a "repair" button that is probably the equivalent of a maintenance application. However, I'm going to do my best to not have any resets - I want to see if Fly!II gives me any kind of message when I attempt to use an aircraft with max wear level, or whether it just runs a reset.I can certainly verify that performance has decreased on the aircraft with the most hours and that I have to adapt accordingly.

Randall Rocke

Awesome, really awesome.I guess there will be no specific message when the day arrives but that the performance suffers is already a nice touch.There is still always a surprise around with Fly! for me.

I just had a brief look in the Fly! scripting guide from TRI. There are some instructions defined to get and set the values of the aircraft repair status. So, if Fly! doesn