Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill Hinton

Members of this community

Guest Bill Hinton

Greetings to all,I would like for all former and present members to visit once again.I need to have my memory refreshed.TIA,

Guest DSandberg

Refresh cycle 1:I still drop by every so often, even though I haven't run any version of Fly! in several years. Mainly I'm looking for any questions that might arise about InfoMETAR (as seldom as that happens anymore, given that Fly! II is usually in use these days, and InfoMETAR can't do much about the weather in that version).David Sandberg

Guest tonyc

Actually, the real life weather updates provided by rotw's SBox is a real joy. Too bad that development stopped on Infometar....It's too go hear from old voices....tony

G'day all,Still simming and enjoying it more than ever> I need to have my memory refreshedI have no clear recollection of that and decline to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. :-) I hope you are all well and enjoying your simming.I have a bug that allows an aircraft to crash into the sea and be repaired back to the runway but if you crash on land you go to heaven - well as near as you can get (approximately 80,000 ft :-eek ).Still working on it. :-)Cheers all,Roger

Guest DSandberg

>Actually, the real life weather updates provided by rotw's>SBox is a real joy. Too bad that development stopped on>Infometar....It's too go hear from old voices....>tonyThat's what I hear about SBox. I haven't seen it myself, of course, but I always suspected that the way to get weather to work in Fly! II was to eschew the METAR weather system and dynamically set/update the global weather based upon the aircraft's location. Do you happen to know if that's what SBox does?I still think about doing something more with InfoMETAR at some point. However it probably wouldn't be something flight sim specific, but rather making it more of a general weather information program.I agree, it's good to hear from old friends! My years here during the emergence of Fly! will probably never be duplicated in my life.David Sandberg

Hi Bill,I still check in and try to keep up on what ROTW is up to. Lots of other commitments keeping me busy and away from FlyIIing ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Greetings Bill,In the old days I went by the ID of Capvideo, though when Avsim changed over the forum/server system we were told to use a different kind of login.My vocation went a little crazy in the last couple of years, so I wasn't able to continue work on a lot of projects except in spurts, mainly DB updates for navigation, some TerraScene work, etc. Regardless of whether I have any time for scenery or DB work, I still try to Fly! at least once every weekend. ROTW has done such fantastic work with aircraft development, that I'm still learning the details on some of their latest projects. Now, Roger and others are also adding great aircraft to the mix.I'm one of those that still uses Infometar all the time, and find that it does a fairly good job, considering the development stage Fly!II was in when TRI pulled the plug.The ironic thing is that there is still enough development and experimentation going on that it would take months to try it all and probably longer to become skilled in all aspects of add-ons, updates and creations.

Randall Rocke

Guest Bill Hinton

Roger,I try to keep up with your activity regarding Fly!. Keep up the good work.

Guest Bill Hinton

Z,Memory updated.Thanks,

Guest Bill Hinton

Randall,I remember the "Capvideo" handle."When TRI pulled the plug". Actually, it was "GOD" (Gathering of Developers) that cut off the funding. That caused much disappointment here.Before that, when Richard Harvey passed away, I was very sad and a bit depressed.

Guest Bill Hinton

David,InfoMETAR was/is a great contribution to the members of this forum and the Fly!ers.

G'day Macflyer,I've been sitting on an aircraft release for about 2 months due to a few bugs. I've completely rebuilt the aircraft files from the ground up and have eliminated all bar one of the bugs. If the aircraft is crashed into a model (hangar, building, another aircraft) OR into the sea then when you hit the repair button the aircraft is correctly deposited at the end of the runway ready for action. However if the model is crashed into the ground then when you hit the repair button the model ends up at an extremely high altitude (80000 - 90000 ft ). Sure you can fly the model back down to the runway but even at emergency decent rates it's far far quicker to exit fly! II and reboot. I'm not a programmer and have absolutely no idea as to what the problem is. FYI The model is Mac compatible. :-)Cheers,Roger

>G'day Macflyer,>>I've been sitting on an aircraft release for about 2 months >due to a few bugs. I've completely rebuilt the aircraft files>from the ground up and have eliminated all bar one of the>bugs.> If the aircraft is crashed into a model (hangar, building,>another aircraft) OR into the sea then when you hit the repair>button the aircraft is correctly deposited at the end of the>runway ready for action.> However if the model is crashed into the ground then when you>hit the repair button the model ends up at an extremely high>altitude (80000 - 90000 ft ). Sure you can fly the model back>down to the runway but even at emergency decent rates it's far>far quicker to exit fly! II and reboot.> >I'm not a programmer and have absolutely no idea as to what>the problem is.>> FYI The model is Mac compatible. :-)>>>Cheers,>>Roger I got this "repair it all" all phenomena just this morning on one of my Saturday-wife-is-still-sleeping morning flights somewhere in Paraguay but since I was testing different settigns and airplane I do not recall after Saturday-evening-is-my-wine-enjoying-evening-with-wife which model of the freeware one

Richard Harvey was astoundingly "reachable" - in fact, so were other members of his staff. I was greatly honored to share in some of the work with the Beta team on the last patches before his death.Yes, "GOD" was certainly a part of Fly!II's demise, but wasn't "Take2" the main culprit? It's not really important now - this is still a great sim and has a dedicated group of users and some very talented developers.

Randall Rocke