Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill Hinton

Members of this community

Guest Shalomar

Thanx to a lot of dedicated devs, FLY II has a future- I am glad about that. Alejandro- just be sure to read the manual, Jean put in a few surprises like electrical cables that need to be disconnected before taxi and Engine Ice protection not on can result in flameout!Best Regards, Donald Traill :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi all,I am still reading this forum but I had not enough time to start any new development. There are still some unfinished scenery projects on my computer and during winter ... who knowsregards Harald

Guest angels355

Roge,What kinda plane is it? I love new aircraft. What are you preparing, is that top secret?You know what I'd really like to see? The Learjet series, 60, 45, 35, and would really love to see the Gulfstream 5 in Fly!2.I still haven't gotten Fly!2 yet, but when I do I think I'm going to get several copies. I've installed a second installation (have two licenses) of Fly!2K on my more capable computer w/ 768 mb's of ram. It looks extremely stunning. I finally figured out why my first installation had a green cast to it, and greenish skies. Darn! That monitor has been going downhill so slowly I didn't notice it, now I've not only got the brightness and contrast at 100%, but that was not enough, for it to look normal I had to turn Green, and Red to full also, and unfortunatley green dominates a little in the balance, but don't have much choice at this time. Oh well. I left my first installation with standard terrain, and the second one with Ground Control, I don't seem to have as nice of taxiways in Ground Control, although the terrain looks much nicer. My GPS NAV works on a hit or miss basis. This was how I got really skilled at navigating purely by NUMERICAL GPS. When the Boeing 777 team departed Hong Kong heading for London, the long route, I whipped up my FS9 Meljet 777-200LR to follow along. However I found out that the FS9 flight planner does not plot a course for the long route, so I eyeballed my course on the map and navigated using my skill at numerical gps. Over the North Atlantic I was only 120 NM's off course, at that time I engaged the flight planner gps NAV system and let it take over at this shorter distance.One thing that is really nice about Fly!2K (and Fly!2 also?) is there isn't that paranoid antipiracy programming in it like in FSX. FSX is stunning, I gotta have it, however if you change a processor or mobo, just like XP it will shut down and demand a new key code from MS! That antipiracy stuff is just dandy, however what happens when XP and FSX are no longer supported by MS? And at that time you decide to install a new processor or mobo, your XP or FSX will shut down, but MS won't issue you a new code key because of no support at that future time, and I think instead will suggest that you buy Vista and FS12 or 13. In my opinion, that is forced obsolesence. I think they are completely ignoring the enthusiasm of their FS fans.

Guest andrewluck

Hi AllI still pop in from time to time. Not much opportunity for Fly!ing these days though.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH