Sign in to follow this  
blackers

Terrascene Question

Having just decided to resurrect FlyII after many years I have completed a fresh install of FlyII and Terrascene 2.1 onto an XP system, used only for Fly.I had previously created quite a lot of Terrascened scenery, which I resurrected from an old archive but when re rendering the projects I continuously came up with the following problem, presumably as Terrascene/Fly attempted to load the created output:Error C3DMODEL::LOAD Can't open vor.smfFile Smodel.cppLine 3701 C3DMODELI then tried to create a new project which did all that I expected it to except that it crashed with the same error message after the scenery creation was apparently completed.I have read all the previous posts with this error but none seems to fit in with what I am trying to do. Has anyone any idea as to how I overcome this problem or even get my scenery into FlyII or am I wasting my time and effort trying to resolve this.Ray

Hello Rayvor.smf is in the file patch.pod in ..system and come with the Fly! patches. Are you sure you have 2.50.240 Update installed ?DidierROTW team

Also - make sure that your Data directory is absolutely empty before slicing and rendering scenery (move everything to a temorary location or rename the directory). When processing, TS2 renders to the Data folder, then pods it.Many of us have other files in the Data folder, including references to models for add-on scenery, taxiways, etc. If TS2 pods this data along with your scenery (model references, etc.), it ends up in the pod and creates the error.

Randall Rocke