Sign in to follow this  

A question about AI traffic and FPS

Hi all,I noticed that when I added the Sothwest AI routes and a Soutwest plane I downloaded (to be the plane used in the AI routes), my frames dropped to around 5 FPS around airports that Southwest services. The generic AI planes that are included with FS2K2 do not drop my frames this low...is this a problem with the plane I downloaded? I see a lot of screenies with multiple carriers, types of airplanes, and taxiways backed up with 15+ aircraft, and I wonder if their FPS are dropped as well. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.Regards,BobberAlienware P4, 2.01 gig ramGeForce III 500 Ti

AI traffic will certainly slow down the system, but that seems like a big drop. Which aircraft are you using? I use the default 737 SWA repaint and it's not too bad. Any non-GMAX aircraft will hit the framerates.