Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

F.a.o. Roger, As requested Floor Panel PIC

G'day Mate,Please find attached a Picture shot of the B737-800 Radio Panel I'm currently working on. Theres still a few more Knobs and Buttons to Draw and program, but I think you'll get an Idea of what I've been upto.Regards John

G'day John,I've done a bit of research and I think computerisation is to blame.The radios in the B767 receive electrical power directly from their respective circuit breakers on the electical bus. ie there are no switches to switch the radios ON/OFF. So long as there is electrical power on the bus (and the circuit breakers closed) the radio transceivers and the frequency control panel are live.I'm more used to the "classic" era of Boeings (it's that age problem again :-) ) I reasonably sure that the B737-800 being a pretty late model of the B737 has the same setup as the B767. The third centre VHF radio supports this. Also there is no ON/OFF switch on the radio control panel.Cheers,Roger

Stunning work, John. Looks terrific, and coming along well. If you have time, drop an email my way via the AVSIM forum's link. Due to health issues with my mother right now I do not have a whole lot of time but may be abe to lend a hand here and there, if you would like.By the by, I still have the one main panel pic somewhere in my files. ;-)If there is an overhead panel for the 737-800 / 900, the avionics power might be found on that. On PMDG's 777 overhead panel, the ADIRU switch appears to be the one that handles the power for main displays. This most likely controls just the PFD / ND displays, though. Roger would most likley have a tad more insight. I will double check the sim though and see.It can be a duanting task - I've been attempting to build a panel for the Citation X (Georigio's version 1) - and running into problems finding right combos for electrical connections. So I kind of know the fun of it! LOL In my case, it is a lot of piece-mealing from other panels for the switches (I still cannot draw worth a dang!).Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster