Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Just For Fun 2: What's Your Impression of .............

Guest 727Fan

places you've flown to that are foreign to you?I just finished an air tour of Italy. WOW!! What a gorgeous place.From Milan to Rome, Naples to Venice. Spectacular!Rick

Guest United

Have you tried Sicily and Malta? as well as flying along the eastern Adriatic Sea along Croatia, Bosnia and Yugoslavia going into Albania. A great coastline!

Contrary to many folks here who prefer their home turf for flying I like to fly in foreign lands. I like to be "surprised" by the unfamiliar airports, terrain, plus this is a great tool to learn geography. With the fabulous water effects by Ed T. (OceanSTX) I can't stop flying in the Caribbean (far from my KOAK home airport). When Eurowings package is ready I am planning on employing their ATR72 to visit every single airport of that region. And with so much water around your frame rates are just great and flying is smooth as silk. Michael J.

Normally I stick to the local area or routes assigned by a Virtual Airline, but for fun I downloaded the Norway Airports scenery in the AVSIM Library. I know nothing about Norway and can't pronounce the names of any of the airports but cruising around exploring was great fun...

ugcx_banner.png

I'm currently exploring the phillipines, no particular reason, just because I've never been there before.... Even in fs its very nice with some rather large airports aswell as small grass strips, mountains and water etc.... My intention is to explore as much of SE asia, indonesia, singapore etc until I get home sick .... I have a rather heavy world atlas, which gives me loads of ideas where to go... I also take a look on the net for the airports I visit... tremendous fun and educational aswell, :-)byeeeePete

Guest Dominik Mann

Are you talking about real-world flights? Well, if that's the case I confess I have only been to more or less touristical destinations so far - Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, mainland Spain (where my aunt has been living for seven years now, I think :-) ), Turkey.What did I think of each particular place? Hmmm...first about Spain. I really like this country and the people there, they just have a good way of living and are a whole lot more communicative than many of my countrymen. !Que bien para mi que yo aprend

Just back from Bora Bora, Morea (Tahiti). Spent a few hours here an there in the Twin Otter. Captain wouldnt let me sit co-pilot even though I told him I had a good 100 hours in FS. Some people. Also one trip in an 66 seat ATR. I believe it was an ATR 72. You talk about acceleration, this baby had it.Anway, the islands are beautiful both in the air and on the ground. Bora Bora is surrounded by a reef creating a beautiful lagoon.Have some very nice pics (non digital) and had almost forgot what it was like to be perfectly relaxed. I really know now what vacations should be for.RegardsBobG

I enjoy flying from southern california down to Los Cabos, Baja. Then from there head to Mazatlan, and further down into Mexico and central america. It was pretty fun and whats nice is the flights are not brutally long like KLAX-YSSY or KSAN-EGKK :-lolAnd speaking of that... does anyone happen to know of some good terrain mesh for these areas??