Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Georg! Fly! II and Linux ??

Hello Steve, Ken and Georg!Yes this forum is very special, I'll always come back, so I'm sure it's still there, and you guys lurking around! :)It was my first forum, after all! ;)Happy new year!Pascal

Very good to hear from you, Pascal! Hope everyone there are doing well.A very Happy New Year to all of you as well!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Pascal,a little late - but a Happy New Year 2008 for you, too :-)I am regularly scanning this forum, there is NO other forum with such nice people as I met here when I was very active with FLY! 2.Regards Georg EDDW

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi angels,>>Have you tried out ReactOS linux?No, I am very happy with my OpenSUSE 10.x Linux. The active part is 10.2 and I just installed 10.3 on a new HD. With that new HD I am able to install not only the basic FLY! II but a lot of the nice sceneries (France/ROTW, Great Britain). As I mentioned in a former post, there are regressions in the Wine development but I stored that older Wine version where FLY! II works pretty fine.To be honest, it is only a small part of my flightsim-time that I use FLY! but I won't miss this sim - although I am now used to these nice 3D-cockpits with any view-angle to the terrain which makes sim-flying a lot easier. Hopefully Fly! legacy will have this possibily, too.>>Will fly! and fly!2, and fly!2 v88 aircraft work in fly!2?Fly!I and Fly!2k aircraft won't work with Fly!II (and also the Fly!I sceneries aren't usable with Fly! II), a real pity.I have a lot of Fly!I stuff, aircraft and sceneries. Hopefully Fly! I will also work with Wine, I'll try that within the next months.>>Georg, how is Flightgear progressing? You have been working on German scenery right? Would you mind posting a screenshot of some of your German scenery?As this is a Fly! forum I won't offend anybody. Therefore you might contact me via private mail at heliflyer A T arcor D OT de if you are interested to hear more.I am learning Blender for 1 year now and after making some more detailled objects I decided to fill the blank world with more rapid development and simpler objects. This was the right decision as I have a lot of objects spread over that part of Northern Germany where I like to fly VRF. But there are exceptions to the rule - I am just finishing EDDV (Hannover Langenhagen) airport and I liked to make very detailed passenger bridges and other stuff.Here you can see some screenshots from my scenery (not sorted, click on the preview-pictures to get bigger ones):http://home.arcor.de/vollnhals-bremen/NorGerScen/All the best to you, have much fun with Fly!RegardsGeorg EDDW