Sign in to follow this  
Guest DSandberg

InfoMETAR 1.02, now under development

Guest DSandberg

This is an update of the status of InfoMETAR, especially as regards the broken download feature in the wake of NOAA's FTP site change:I'd mentioned in a previous thread that I had been stymied by problems with building the InfoMETAR project file under the newer compiler I have installed nowadays. Tonight I've solved those problems, so I can move on to addressing the FTP issue. As long as I am going to be doing a new build, I also have a few other minor fixes/updates in mind to incorporate while I have the chance to do so. No time for major changes or new features, alas, but I'd still like to make the v1.02 update as worthwhile as I can within those limitations.Building the program with a different compiler means that other bugs might possibly creep in, however. And since I don't do much flight-simming anymore (and none at all in Fly!), it would probably be a wise move if I could find a few of you good folks who are familiar with the current version of InfoMETAR and who would be willing to do a little light, general testing of the new build before I upload it for public consumption. Users of Fly!, Fly2K or Fly II would all be equally valuable for this task.Since this forum is obviously slower these days than it was in Fly!'s heyday, I'm posting this a little early to hopefully give some people a chance to see this message before testing is needed. (There are a couple of people in particular who helped me with testing before, and whom I'm hoping will see this and be up for a little bit of it again now.) I plan to be making code changes starting next week, and anticipate a beta build being ready sometime around Oct 1st.Anyone who is able to and interested in helping with the testing of v1.02 can contact me via email or the messaging system here to give me their email address, Fly! version, etc. Again, I'd prefer to limit this to existing InfoMETAR users who already know how to use the utility and understand what kind of weather results they can expect in the sim(s), because no significant changes are likely on that front (in particular, don't expect any miracle cures for the weather issues in Fly II).Thanks, all!David Sandberg(author of InfoMETAR)

Guest chezz123

Hi David,Thanks for taking sometime to fix the download issue.I'm looking forward to the updated version.chris_CA

Guest danieletona

Great news!!!!!!!!Thanks DAVID!!Dan

Guest Mats_Frisk

Really great news!Thank you David!Mats

Well, I think I can muster some time to help test it out, David. Give me a holler when you are ready!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest DSandberg

Another quick status update for anyone who is following my progress: beta testing is now officially underway on 1.02.Also, I've temporarily lost access to two of my MFTs (most favored testers), so if anyone else out there has experience using past versions of InfoMETAR and would like to help out with the 1.02 beta test, send me an email.David Sandberg

Guest DSandberg

One more update: the InfoMETAR 1.02 beta is probably in its last lap. I've had what should be the final beta build out to the testers for a week now. I'm going to wait at least one more week to give the guys a fair chance to look it over. Barring any last minute show-stopping bugs, I should be able to upload the 1.02 release to AvSim shortly thereafter.David Sandberg

Guest chezz123

Thanks Mr. David,Looking forward to this new version.chris_CA