Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptorbd

Fly II Crashing

Guest Raptorbd

Can anyone please help, I'am getting the following: Runtime execption code c0000005(EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)at address 00730ED6File:winrun.cppline:152 The last thing that I did in the sim was hit the mode button on the clock by mistake,trying to reset the timer in B200, it crashed to d/t. Have tryed everything, but no luck. I installed fly II on top of my 340, And now I get the above notice, I'd hate to have to do a full reinstall. Thanks for your time Raptorbd

Hey Raptorbd - when you start the sim normally, did you go to flight planner, the default start (rotating plane with choice menu of Quick start, flight planner, etc) or Persistent World mode (starting up where you last left off)? If it is the latter, then you can try editing the fly.ini file in the fly!IIsystem sub-folder and changing the startup from persistent world to say flight planner. Also - try deleting all the .HST files within the aircraft subfolder. You will have to reset the control options... Then - if you have not installed this yet - find and download from AVSIM library the file ac_default_fix.zip or ac_default_fix2.zip that were uploaded by Roberto Vigetti. They addressed several issues with the planes the .240 atch still had not corrected. Let us know if this helps or not! Can then try other methods to sort it out and save from reloading! I know the headaches... been years, but had to dump and reload, and am having to "rediscover" all the right things again! ;-) Royal pain the pa-tooty! :-hahCheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Raptorbd

Hi KenThanks for the quick reply. I did delete all the.HST's and reinstalled both fix's by Roberto Vigetti before I posted, with no luck. I reistalled .240 on top of installed Fly II, with no luck. Went into ini file but unable to find startup from persistent word, (that is my start-up page)I did find a/c start-up with world next to it, and changed it to planner, but no help there.I think a reistall is in my future,"O" the pain! If you have a another method, I can give it a try. Thank's for your help Bob Deinhardt

Hi Bob, In the UI section of the ini file - just above the startup aircraft is one called StartupOptions= and mine is set to 3. That will take you out of Persistent Mode and to Flight Planner. Also, at the top of the UI section is askUserForGraphicSettings= . If it is zero, you change this to a 1 and it SHOULD put you back to the asking for Graphics setup info as when you very first loaded and started Fly! II. In my INI, just below the above is defaultStartScreen=1. If yours is different, try the setting mine shows. Oh, I know all about the woes of reloading and resetting everything. :-hah I had originally saved a complete Fly2 folder from the main drive to an external as a backup. Unfortunately, it didn't do me much good as many of my scenery pod files somehow became dependent upon FS IMP folders. Guess one has to move those as well as set up an empty DATA folder when rendering scenery - live and learn!! Anyway - am going through what you are trying to avoid right now - reloaded and now trying to findall the good scenery pods I have versus the bad ones so I know which I have to redo (on another computer with a plain, stock Fly! II install). So like my main problem is with a terrain pod for Australia - primarily in central New SOuth Walse vicinity Sydney - it has a TerraModeled Sydney airport in it, and even with the TM_256.POD file installed in my shared directory, it is looking for an smf file of which I have no idea what it is. I loaded in all the static model pods and some of the loose one into Models and Art - but so far no luck. So yeah - we can commiserate on this I guess! :-lolGive my above a try first as usually if you use Persistent World, this error disappears once you can get out of that mode and into the Flight PLanner or default startup. Do let me know if the above helps or not, and well go from there!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest Raptorbd

Hi KenThank you! thank you! thank you! You are the best! I got in late last night, from real world flying and found your new post. All I had to change was the StartupOption, all other settings were good. I really diden't think it would it was going to work, but I was wrong!! The only thing it looks like I will have to do , is reset all my flight controls.From now on I will be starting up in flight planner. Think's again, if your ever in the States, (New York city) I owe you a pint. Thanks You Bob

Guest 3cffts

Hi Ken and Bob:I use the default start and have had the very same problem with FlyII crashing to desktop when resetting the timer feature of the digital clock. I have found this to happen on more than one default aircraft and have stopped trying to use the clock timer. I now use only the timer feature on the ADF. I also find it is easier to use than the clock.Cheers, Brian.

Hi Bob, You are most welcome. Glad the suggestion worked, and you are up and running again! Minor inconvenience to change the flight controls is a nice trade-off from having to totally reload from scratch, eh? ;-) Well, I currently reside outside ATL. I guess my usage of some Aussie or Kiwi terms tends to confuse one. I originally started it from my tour in Antarctica - passing through NZ several times... and just enjoyed the people so much. Plus, I used to work for CNN International and worked with four Brits, also... Soooo... Just wait until I go back to my home stomping grounds of Oklahoma and re-aquaint myself with the Okie drawl! :-hah Again, glad the suggestions worked for you. Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest Raptorbd

Hi BrianHow do you get the timer to work on the ADF. I see it, but can't figure out how to start or stop it. Bob

Guest 3cffts

Hello Bob: The second yellow button from the right on the ADF panel selects between flight time and elapsed time. Select elapsed time. Then use the far right yellow button to reset the timer. It is not quite as sophisticated as the digital clock is intended to be, because it does not have the countdown timer, just elapsed time. I find this is o.k. for timing non-precision approaches. If you are looking for a countdown I believe you are out of luck!Cheers, Brian.

hehehe - well temporarily back in Camden Co... Could be back in Paulding again - sort of a toss up. After helping my Dad on my mother's passing, and now my brother down here has some major health issues - who knows??? ;-) Just know eventually will be headed to OK. just not totally sure just when! Trust all is well with you, Earl! Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️