Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Gudday Roger!

How is everything Down Under?? :-)Am scrambling around to find some of my original downloads (most of my AZ to GA stuff disappeared from two CDs mysteriously... haven't used them in several years actually - yet cannot "see" anything on them with my latest Roxio! Roger do you happen to have a file or files related to afg_cnsw (which I think Danny Vickers created), which main pod is in scenery-shared folder? After a reload of the sim, and patching up to current - a lot of my reloads aren't working and if I use afg_cnsw it will CTD with a terra models made file error (re: Dssy00343255.SMF or some such). According to the file itself - it is mainly a terrain update, but somehow has a terra modeled yssy which is where the errors are coming from. I did save my previous render.ini, fly.ini and system.ini from older load. Those should not be corrupt... so am now lost on this one. And I have the TM_256.pod file in shared. I have searched here on AVSIM under most everything I can think of, and no luck finding the original zip file.Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!Cheers,KenGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

G'day Ken,Just recently returned from a holiday in Vanuatu. I don't know whether I should be certified insane and locked up or given a bravery award because against all my "basic survival instincts" my wife actually managed to cajole me into taking a 45 min joyflight in a Raven II Robinson R - 44 heicopter. A once in a lifetime experience.I have Danny Vickers Australian sceneries. He made 3 of them. Sydney, CNSW and Brisbane.AFG_CNSW.zip - conains AFG_CNSW.pod and a txt file.If you can tell me exactly the name of the model .smf file that is causing you grief I'll check through and see if I can find it. It is quite possible that it is in the Sydney scenery.Email me. I need your latest email address.tata,lukin yu,Roger

G'day Roger, Wow... got to hop around in a R-44! I'll wager you had the time of your life on that one, and from the sound of it, one you won't be forgetting for a long, long time! Not sure what Jan is up to these days, but bedlieve he, Jarno and Alex had a R-44 project - I have the basic pod somewhere, I think. Has to be the Sydney stuff I am missing - as I know the error had DxxxSSY#########.SMF in it. And for the life of me I cannot find the Sydney file, other than Heinz Dieckmann's! Doing a search under Danny (Daniel) Vickers does not produce the Sydney scenery, either. I was able to find my AFG_CNSW file, but reinstalling it did not cure the ailment. Am amazed that with only two and a half years from producing it - the backup scenery CD's those files were most likely on are the only two to fail to read now! I've been having some fun with the Jabiru - reloaded some of the Aussie stuff and flying about Melbourne / Moorabbin.I shall send you my email straight away. Hope I have your correct one still! Ah well, can send it through the system if need be.Many Cheers and thanks!Ken :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Ken and Roger,Long time ago I have been in contact with you guy's. I've lost contact with both Alex and Jan. Alex is working now for Pratt and Whitney. I have build the R44 3D model indeed, Jan has been working on the inside. He was quite far with the project. Maybe he lurks on the forums and will read this, hopefully he will leave a message here, just as I did..Take care guy's!Jarno

G'day Jarno,Great to hear from you. How's your new job on the Airbus's going?Yesterday the first commercial flight of the A380 arrived in Sydney. Singapore Airlines had the aircraft configured to show off the various classes of seating. It is certainly a VERY impressive aircraft. Almost makes me want to come out of retirement just to work on it :-) (just joking). I'll leave it up you to keep them departing over the fence. I haven't heard from Jan for ages but if he's does happen to resd this and wuuld like some interior pics of the Robbo I'd be only too pleased to give what I have to him. I'm pretty well stuck on the development of a couple of aircraft due to my inability to come to grips with the programming required for instrumentation.Keep in touchCheers,Roger

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hi Jarno,It's been quite some time! I'm still at the @cox.net address...Three months ago we added Julia to the family so as you can imagine I'm pretty busy with family and traveling for work.Pretty exciting times at Pratt & Whitney, we're launching the Geared Turbo Fan which will hopefully be the propulsion system for all New Generation Single Aisle aircraft.How are things with you?Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Roger,To be honest I like the airbus 330 the most out of our fleet. Next to that we still have the MD-11, 744 and 777. The 767 is retired now for good. KLM hasn't ordered the A380, I even doubt if the A380 will ever come to AMS. I'm working parttime now with KLM since I started my own company into guess what?.... 3D aircraft models ;)I haven't got the email address from Jan anymore unfortunately, I think he doesn't mind given you the project into your hands. I don't have the model files anymore. Nice talking to you Rog,Jarno

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Alex,Nice talking to you again! Congretulations on the fam expansion ;) I actually send you a mail a couple of days ago on your hotmail account which appears down, as I got a no reply message on return. Can you send me an email, so we can catch up with the good old times? captain_jd@hotmail.com Take care,Jarno

Jarno!! Very good to hear from you, my friend! I hope you are doing well, and also hope Jan will drop in (I haven't read past your post so far - hehehehe). It will be great fun to see if Jan has come up with some good things for the R-44! I believe Alex is still lurking around from time to time, so am sure we can all "hook up" again.Glad to hear from you, Jarno. Don't be a stranger now!Best regards,Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️