Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

SRTM Data : little-endian to big-endian

Guest 3cffts

I would like to join some SRTM .hgt files using 3DEM, but understand that I need to convert the files from little-endian to big-endian format. Does anyone have a copy of Harald's alpha utility that does this?Many thanks, Brian.

Hi Brian,use 3DEMBIN2RAS from ROTW instead of my utility.You can find it at their Website under FLY! II Files ---> UtilitiesregardsHarald

Guest 3cffts

Harald: Many thanks for the info. I believe I now have SRTM elevations in hand .... except that I would like to re-POD my TerraScenery to include the new SRTM elevations... so that I do not have a bunch of .trn files in the Fly!II data directory, but just one POD file in the scenery directory. I am not sure in which directory I should put the .ras elevation data file in order that the slicer will see the data when I slice using the TS2 selection "use existing elevation data". From reading the TS-2 manual it says the .ras file should be placed in the "flyedit import file".... but is this the "Data" directory in Fly!II, or the "Manually-Added" directory or the "Output" directory in TerraScene2 ?Regards, Brian.

Hi Brian,I created the elevations first by using the Fly2editor which created the TRN-files from the .RAS-File. Then I sliced the scenery in TS2 whith "use existing elevations" selected. So it is not necessary to use the RAS-File in TS2. At last I podded my sceneries by using the tools provided by ROTWregardsHarald