Sign in to follow this  
Stonelove

fly2 patch and win2k

I would like to run fly2 under win2k but when trying to patch i get message: "old file not found"Can anyone help please?

Be warned that the following advice is from way back and my memory is not perfect:Patching depends on the version you have. The worst case would beInstall the release version of Fly! IIApply the Fly!IIFeatureUpdate1.exe file (bringing the Fly! II version up to 164)Apply the Fly!IIFeatureUpdate2.exe (bringing the Fly! II version up to 177)Apply the Fly!IIFeatureUpdate3a.exe (bringing the Fly! II version up to 197)Apply videoupdate2 (where applicable)Apply the Fly!IIFeatureUpdate4.exeFinaly install the Version 2.00.210 -> 2.50.240 Update over all of this.For the European release you just have to:Apply the Fly!IIFeatureUpdate4.exeInstall the Version 2.00.210 -> 2.50.240

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Relax! It's not your computer that's causing the problem. It's generally accepted (but never by TRI) that there is a bug (of some description - no one has actually nailled it down exactly) in the patch installer program. This has probably been the hottest topic on this forum.1. Remove all FlyII files from your hard drive and then shut down all background programs such as virus checkers, screen savers etc. and it may be advantageous to also shut the sound off in windows.2. Then reinstall FlyII. DO NOT RUN.3. Depending on whether you have the American release or the European release download and apply the reqired patches. See the anchored thread at the top of the forum " First time Flyers ...please read " for the patches you need.4. DO NOT RUN FLYII BETWEEN PATCHES.5. If ever you see the "old file not found ....." message the patch has been UNSUCCESSFUL and you have to start all over again from step 1.6. If the installation and patching goes without a hitch then switch the sound on again and enjoy the sim.It's not as bad as it sounds and a bit of patience is well rewarded with a truly great flight simulator.If the above doesn't work for you then some people have reported success by copying the FlyII installation CD to their hard drive (if you have the space) and then installing FlyII from their hard drive. Hope this is of some assisstance to you. If not then get back to the forum and I'm sure you will get all the help you need.Cheers,Roger

Thanks guys im a returning fly simmer too and have to haul my mind back too. I have got it going now thanks to your advices. Got another question: What in your opinion are the best add-ons - scenery wise and stuff? give as much as you got time for, thanks again.

>I would like to run fly2 under win2k but when trying to patch>i get message: "old file not found">Can anyone help please?>Great "First Time Flyers Explains Allot"