Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly2theuk

Steve Brown... To All My Fly2 Friends

Guest Fly2theuk

Im Back! Im back online and I need to Fly.... Its been sooo long since I have done any work in Fly2 I cant remember what to do. Will start with a few simple repaints I think!Sorry if anyone has been trying to contact me... but you can again now lol. This is my login name Fly2theuk. Send me a note...Stevehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189825.jpg

Steve, old friend! Good to hear from you! Boy, do I got some repaints for you to do :-hahSeawind's been waiting a long time for you to fix 'er up again! ;-)Hope all is well with you and yours!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Steve,hope you are going well :-beerchug RegardsGeorg :-rotor

Guest Fly2theuk

Yoh, Ken :-) :-wave How are you my friend?I got your email and will respond later. Im sure you do have some painting for me. At the moment Im working on an ongoing Project for Trainz 2006 (Sorry Guys... blush) Called Arcadia Planitia http://www.livevideo.com/video/7B42A3F3428...a-planitia.aspx but Im sure I will have some time to do other work as well ;-)Back to you later in an email, Steve

Guest Fly2theuk

Hi georg :-wavewell Im much better now thankyou, Im suffering from Ankylosing Arthritis and have had Septic arthritis in my knees and ankles... not good. Anyway with treatment things are getting a little better ;-)Love to all your family & will chat with you soon.

Welcome back, Steve!This is off-topic, but when I saw your name again, it occurred to me that you had once been involved in a special program with NASA? You might be interested in a fairly new simulator that came out in December: Space Shuttle Mission 2007. This is a marvelous sim - it's basically a simulation of the Space Shuttle in the mode of Fly! - accurate down to the last switch and button. Here's a few shots to wet your appetite.:-) http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/c.../Day-Launch.jpghttp://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/c...eo/F6-Panel.jpghttp://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/capvideo/STS103.jpghttp://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/c...S99-Land3-1.jpg

Randall Rocke

I'll continune the off-topic part a little - as this particular sim recalls the days of Virgin Software's Space Shuttle simulator. IN a way, I would hazard to say this is a close cousin - mainly updated graphics from the old 8-bit / 16-bit graphics we had back in the early 90's. I still have the Virgin game (on floppy disk AND CD version that added spoken words when one flipped the switches).Will see if there is a demo out on this and check it out - those graphics look great, but wonder if my old TI4200 would handle it??? Hopefully one of these years (after helping pay my brother's medical bills for his cancer treatments) I'll be able to afford a new computer.Thanks Randall!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Hi Ken,You can download a demo on the home page at Exciting Simulations: http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com/The sim would push your setup a little, but it runs better and uses less resources than FSX. I have a P4 3.2Ghz system w/2GB RAM. I tried to run it with my nVidia 8X AGP 256MB card and had to back off all video and effects settings. Launch with all of its smoke and effects would drop frame-rates into the teens, but once away from earth, I got into the 20s and eventually the 30s. I immediately set the sim aside and ordered a new card! :-) I found a GeForce 7700 AGP 512MB card that really got me going. With all items maxed I got a steady 32FPS. I'm now getting an average of 50FPS and it runs very smooth (done with a special trick - let me know when you're ready to try it and I'll give you the info).Users with modern systems containing duo-core processors and PCI-Express video cards get great performance, running 50FPS and above and adding in max AA, etc.I will also note that the ES staff and forum support is tremendous. Reminds me of another group we came to know (Richard Harvey and the TR team). They are upgrading and patching the sim constantly and adding new missions at a good clip (historically-based) for no extra charge.

Randall Rocke

Guest Fly2theuk

Wow thanks My friend, how are you these days?This looks like a great Sim Im off I WANT IT :)Take care, Steve :-wave

Steve,I'm very well - life and work have been extremely busy over the last two years and I was forced to take a hiatus from Fly! scenery/data-base editing. However, Fly! remains my favorite and I managed to get off the ground several times a month.I hope to do some more TS work and data updates this year (if I can just get this last piece to the International Space Station and get some sleep). :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest Fly2theuk

When you finish the space station I will visit :)

Thanks for the rundown, Randall. Afraid it will be a bit of time before I can afford a new computer with enough "horesepower" to run the sim. I D/L'd the demo and sure enough - I see the shuttle and launchpad, but most of the buttons / switches/ knobs and the sky / ground textures do not display! Definitely need a new video card, fer sure. Though must say my old TI 4200 has been a wonderful workhorse for me. :-)But many thanks for the information! I will definitely hit you up for those little secret trick(s) you have! And me, I still "Fly!" most every day! As always, best regards! Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

G'day Steve,Glad to hear that you are coping well dispite your health problems. It's great to hear that you are getting the Fly! bug again. I'm currently just nearing completion of a model ( DHC-2 on floats ) that I started a couple of years back. Paul(Bart) Simpson passed on to me a lot of work he had done on the cockpit panel and interior views. When finished I'll pass the aircraft on to Laurent and let him do his magic on making the aircraft amphibious.Looking forward to seeing some great repaints from you.Cheers,Roger

Greetings Steve!Nice to hear from you!Take care, fly well, be happy!Pascal[a href=http://www.graphie.org]GRAPHIE.ORG[/a]

Guest Fly2theuk

Thanks Roger, its great to hear from you too, wow you guys have staid faithful to Richards dream :)Its good to hear what you are working on too, Im looking forward to that. Im off to Paris in 4 weeks time, so I will get my teeth back into Fly2 on my return.All the Best, Steve