Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

Taxiway pavement max viewable distance

Guest 3cffts

I have tried many settings in Fly.ini in an attempt to make taxiways seen at distances greater than 4 1/2 miles, but without success.Is this a limitation of Fly!II, or is it the way my system is set up? Does anyone have better distances than this?cheers, Brian.

Brian,Leen de Jager posted these settings a while back, though I have not tried them myself. I believe the settings are in feet:=================================================You must make some experiments yourself, but compare these settingsFly.ini ( standard )viewableTaxiwayPavementDistance=2000viewableTaxiwayLightDistance=2000markingTotalFadeOutDistance=12152viewableTaxiwayHeight=1000viewableTaxiwayMarkingDistance=3000runwayLightFogPenetration=1000lightScalarDusk=50lightScalarDawn=50lightScalarDay=100lightScalarNight=25runwayLightDistanceFadeMinFeet=12152runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxFeet=30380runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxRatio=75lightIntensityStandard=0.500000lightIntensityCenterline=0.500000lightIntensityTouchdown=0.500000lightIntensityALSF=1.000000lightIntensityRAIL=2.000000lightIntensityVASI=3.000000lightIntensityREIL=3.000000lightIntensityTaxiway=0.125000Fly.ini ( tweaked )viewableTaxiwayPavementDistance=50000viewableTaxiwayLightDistance=300000markingTotalFadeOutDistance=30380viewableTaxiwayHeight=100000viewableTaxiwayMarkingDistance=3000runwayLightFogPenetration=1000lightScalarDusk=50lightScalarDawn=50lightScalarDay=100lightScalarNight=25runwayLightDistanceFadeMinFeet=12152runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxFeet=30380runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxRatio=75lightIntensityStandard=0.500000lightIntensityCenterline=0.500000lightIntensityTouchdown=0.500000lightIntensityALSF=1.000000lightIntensityRAIL=2.000000lightIntensityVASI=3.000000lightIntensityREIL=3.000000lightIntensityTaxiway=0.060000This example is only showing the lines in FLY.ini wichhave to be tweaked for this issue.You may change these settings yourself and create the visability you like.( make a back-up from ini first)

Randall Rocke

Guest 3cffts

Hi Randall: Many thanks, this fly.ini tweaking gives me 7.8 miles horizontal and 8000 ft vertically. A big improvement!! ... most welcome! I was looking for 10-12 miles and 15,000 ft and have tried increasing the "viewableTaxiwayPavementDistance", but it makes no change to the 7.8 mile distance. Is this what you have on your installation of Fly!II ?Cheers, Brian.

Brian,I have the default right now. I do most flying in IFR conditions and find that frame performance (and realism) is decent when coming out of the mist at 200-500 agl with the default.I do now recall that I had tried Leen's settings in the past and that they did provide extended visibility. I have not tested beyond them.

Randall Rocke

Guest 3cffts

Randall: I also do most of my flying IFR (with C4TO which is great ! ... with your welcome voice) and the viz setting at 1/2 to 3/4 mile is very realistic. I find that my broken clouds often appear with strange straight line edges ... and are somewhat distracting.While IFR flying is great, it is good to see the great Terrascene scenery once in a while and do VFR circuits in the Hawker and F-16. This is where I find that extra viewable taxiway distance would be good.Brian.