Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

Loading scenario in Fly! II

Guest 3cffts

I am having a strange problem. I have Terrascene and TerraModels in use, and when I load a scenario flight-plan sometimes I am on the ramp and can see hangars etc, but most times I am in the middle of the airfield with nothing but grass around ... no taxiways etc. It seems random as to whether the aircraft is initially positioned in the infield or on the ramp.Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?If I use the flight planner, starting from the ramp, without saving the scenario, everything works just fine.Brian

Brian,It's been a while and I'm very rusty .... Try starting with your plane at a totally different airport. then move it to the correct one. I think I recall this is a known bug.Earl

Brian,Are you using Persistant World, per chance? Sometimes that messes with the scenery engine, and sometimes its better to begin from the flight planner screen dead on. Recall something about switching from one airport to another within the same globe tile area also produces this result. Only solution I found was to reset to default airport and use the flight planner teleport feature. Hope this helps a little - been a while since I last had that problem!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest 3cffts

Hi Guys, No, I am not using persistent world, but thanks to your comments I believe I now have the work-around for this bug. If I use the default airfield that is away from the start airfield and do the flight planning from there (with WX and models etc.) and also starting the flight plan from there prior to saving the scenario, all seems to work fine. I think my problem was mainly in not doing flight planning from the default airfield.I have not yet given this procedure a complete check-out as have been busy re-making an HS-125 panel. Cheers, Brian.