Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Saitek controls

G'day all,My trustee old ThrustMaster afterburner II joystick has finally gone belly up on the rudder control. Very inconveniently as I am in the middle of flight tuning my latest creation. Does anyone know if the Saitek control yoke and quadrant controls are compatible with Fly II. Alternatively what other option can you suggest? Thanks for your help.Cheers,Roger

G'day Mats,Thanks for the confirmation that the Saitek system works fine with Fly! II. All the reviews I've read have been very good and give an excellent rating to Saitek controls. But reviews can sometimes be a little biased :-) and its good to hear from a fellow simmer.Saitek yoke/qudrant controls it will be.Thanks for replying.Cheers,Roger

Guest Shalomar

For what it's worth, I am very happy with my X52 Pro joystick and Pro pedals. I got them both from Saitek refurbished for about 75 bucks each... a steal!!! If you are patient you may get a real bargain by waiting for your products to pop up in that category.I got the pedals four days after my order, but no joystick. At the time they were in the process of changing management and computer systems and could not find my order. But just on my word I was shipped a brand new X52 Pro joystick to replace the refurbished one I had never gotten.About two months after, the rudder pedals jammed to the right. I was sent a mod kit and complete instructions on how to clear the jam and ensure that it didn't happen again. I am reasonably positive Saitek will take good care of you too...:-)Best regards, Donald T. :-wave(__/).................................(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

G'day Donald,Good to see you still checking out the Fly! II forum. Thanks for your positive thoghts on the Saitek system. I am purchasing through a large department store retailer (Harvey Norman for any Aussies that may be reading) and whilst we pay and pay and pay a lot more than Americans for our hobby I am not overly concerned and in the interest of immediate gratification am quite prepared to pay the premium we are used to. The yoke/quadrant assembly is $300 Aust. and for Christmas/Birthday coming up I'll be hinting for a set of rudder pedals (another $150-$200 Aust). I should have done this a month ago. Then our dollar was equal to US.97c. Today it is worth US.67c. That's a 30% drop in value in just a couple of weeks. ;(Keep in touchCheers,Roger