Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Requesting APPLE's support for FLYII

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question.As Franklin and others pointed out earlier, the Mac is indeed great for many OTHER things including graphics applications and multimedia.But all of us in THIS community are interseted in flight sims, and the simple fact is that NO Mac will acceptably run the lastest flight sims (let alone any upcoming ones). So are we supposed to give up our hobby or jump to the PC so we can continue to enjoy flight simming?It would be wonderful to see some kind of positive response from Apple, but I fear our numbers are too small to be significant to them.-RickPS - I said NO Mac will acceptably run any current flight sim. Although I have no experience with the new flat panel iMac, based on Apple's dismal track record I'm not inclined to believe it will be any different. Does anyone have personal experience to the contrary?

Guest jrewing

Just received an mid-level iMac for my wife's use. She loves the machine and only lets me touch in when she can't figure out a font problem with her classic applications. The next time she's out of the house, I plan to install FlyII and give it a whirl.I post the results soon.JohnP.S. The new iMac is a sweet machine.

Pete,Its together, however just as I expected, things haven't gone real smoothly, Took 4 days and 2 borrowed video cards just to get my monitor to agree that I had a PC hooked up to it and I am still waiting for my Geforce 4 card to show up. Total cost for this system not including a monitor (I bought a KVM switcher to share with the MAC) was $950. This included everything escept the monitor. Will keep you posted once I get the Card installed and can make it playablePaul GollnickG4/400 Radeon OS9.2.2:-cool

I may be able to sell this PC idea to the Minister of Finance as a whole system and one not just for flight simming. Of course this means the cost of admission is higher than if I just went the simming route. So far the tab is a few buck shy of 3 grand, but that's for a totally solid PC, Gateway or Dell, 2 GHz, 512 Ram, GeForce4, 17" LCD, CD CD-RW DVD, MultiFunction Printer, Wireless networking, Office 2000 Pro, some other stuff I don't remember. Pete

Hi John!Just wondering if you've had success in running Fly II on your new iMac? I'm sure I'm not the only one in this forum who is interested in what results you have gotten.Thanks and have a great weekend (and Easter)!-Rick