Sign in to follow this  

taxiway texture

i have a new g4 mac.When I run fly y2k the taxiways look very unrealistic-almost pink in colour.The runways look fine-why? Also is there any decent atc add on for fly?

Guest Allan Jones

What video card came with your G4? Fly 2K has limited support for newer vidcards. Example: the ATI Radeon Mac edition didn't exist when Fly 2K came out. There is a file in the AVSIM library that is an unofficial (read "unsupported") .vcf file for the Radeon Mac card.Check what video card options are listed when you open the Graphics window. Try different ones to see if the runways look better. Make sure you are in 32 bit color, too.It is possible to take an existing .vcf file that came with Fly 2K and rewrite it to match your newer vidcard. I can't remember exactly what needs to be changed so the program wil recognize it. Perhaps if you tell us what vidcard you have, someone will already have a modified .vcf file that will work.Good Luck!