Sign in to follow this  

FlyII Dual Monitor Support??

Hi all,I'm curious to know if any other Mac users have experimented with using two monitors to play Fly II. I have a G4/400 2x AGP machine and I've tried using the standard Apple ATI 16 meg Rage 128 cards (one in the PCI slot the other in AGP) with little success. Various inquiries to GODGAMES and Infogrames techsupport have revealed that two displays are likely not supported, but I've been given no definitive answer. Anyone tried the new Radeon 7000 with two display's? FYI, I've been using the Bell Sim with pedals, throtle, joystick - I had a buddy who is an CFI (R22, R44, Jet Ranger) come test my configuration and he reported that the Sim is quite credible. Although, unfamiliar with the keys, he thought it was harder to start the Sim than the real thing. : )Regards

Guest Allan Jones

Hi G4,I have used a dual monitor set-up with Fly II to do some analysis of VRAM usage, but not to have a wide view.I plugged in an older 15" Mac Multi-Sync AV monitor (came with a Performa 6200) in the std vid-out on the motherboard (on-board ATI Rage 64 with 6MB VRAM) and left the main monitor running off the ATI Rage 128 Orion. That way, I could put the ATI control panel with its cute VRAM usage graph on the second monitor and compare frame rates with VRAM load (didn't learn much).The trick was to force Fly II to run in a window by typing command-RETURN. Then I merely had to drag any other open windows (ctrl panel, maps, etc) to the second monitor. As the #2 monitor had only primitive video hardware support, moving the main Fly window to the #2 monitor produced only a black window.You have to attach the #2 monitor and reboot so the Mac can autodetect the extra CRT. Then there's a control strip module that lets you choose between video mirroring or extended desktop -- I used the latter.Again, I don't believe you can extend your virtual word with Fly with dual monitors, but you can check other functions.