Sign in to follow this  

Game versions:

What are the differences between "Fly!", "Fly! II", and "FLY! 2K"?I would like to upgrade/update the version that I have, if at all possible. I want to get a Piper Warrior and more maps of the Southeast (or anywhere in the United States) in addition to the standard.I have tried to download from some web site, but after registering, all I got were windows and no downloads. I am new to this discussions board and relatively new to Fly!2K, any help here would be greatly appreciated!Thank you for flying with Mac-Air"Happy Mac-Flying!"

Guest Allan Jones

Jon,We generally use the following nomenclature to keep the versions straight:Fly! -- the original 1999 release I believe the highest patch level was 1.01.86Fly! 2K -- the same basic package brushed up and patched to 1.01.87. Retail pkg included the environment enhancer Sky! and some aircraft that weren't in the orig release. A patch in the file library here will take 2K to v1.01.88, an action I highly recommend. Normally, these two are lumped together. It's like Fords and Mercurys -- most of the difference is in the trim, not under the hood. Both will "run" on the beige G3's ATI Pro64 6MB VRAM chipset, but do MUCH better with a Rage 128 and at least 8MB VRAM.Fly! II was released for the peecee about March of 2001 and the Mac version appearin August. The rendering is much more complex, so much so that it will absolutely not run on the Rage64 chipset at all. Printed min system req call for a 16MB vidcard, but I've run on it with some success on my wife's iMac 400 DV with 8MB VRAM. If you want to Fly! II, you'll need a PCI vidcard if you don't already have on. The only current choice for our G3's is the ATI Radeon.

Oh my gosh... that is EXACTLY what I wanted to know! Thank you soooo much!!! Now I know where I need to go, awesome Allan, thanks!!!"Happy Mac-Flying!"