Sign in to follow this  

Heading indicator

Does any one else have a "NON-ADJUSTABLE HEADING INDICATOR"? I've got the preference "on" for gyroscopic precession so that occasionally you must adjust the H.I. to match the magnetic compass, but one problem...the knob turns but it has no effect on the H.I. card (does not turn).Can I fix this in fly.ini? PLEASE HELP

Guest jrewing

Hi John,The non-adjustable, non-drifting heading indicator is a bug. It's been fixed on the PC side, but a patch for the Mac has yet to be released.John

Thanks for yhe reply John. I'll add that to the ever growing "Things Fly!II can't do list".Maybe Fly2k would be a better bet?

Guest ftessler

John,For now, some of us are indeed using Fly! 2k because we get better performance than we get with Fly! II and because of other bugs. However, if Rich manages to create a new build of Mac Fly! II that incorporates the long list of bug fixes in the latest PC version, the situation will be much better. And, as he's said here, it may also be possible to improve Fly! II's performance.Of course, Rich is doing this on his own time (for which we're all very grateful), so we have to be patient.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerG4/500Fly! for Mac Forum Co-moderator