Sign in to follow this  

Have you ever seen it? (pic)

While in external views, and visible only at a certain angle, I've noticed this mysterious rotating octagon shadow slowly drift by on the ground after starting Fly! II. Must be some kind of bug. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest ftessler

Rich,It looks more like a hexagon in your screen shot.Maybe it's a new form of black hole... when you fly into one, you emerge in the universe of an entirely different flight sim running on another platform. To some simmers, this is considered the virtual version of passing through the center of a conventional black hole and being converted into a singularity. :)-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerG4/500Fly! for Mac Forum Co-moderator

Guest Allan Jones

"...running on another platform.."? Truly an evil thing if it is, Franklin! I "get" to use a Windoze NT box at work and it does sometimes feel like another universe.Okay, Rich how did you get something we don't have? I feel cheated!Enough frivolity. Is the spot's appearance limited to a particular a/c? A certain set of conditions or location?If it's limited to appearing on the ground, it may be a bug in the a/c shadow drawing routine. I have trouble sometimes with shadows not being there when they are turned on. See if it's there when a/c shadows are off. I'll keep my eye open for it.Quick! Call Mulder and Scully!