Sign in to follow this  

Quick update

Hi Rich,Thank you so much to Rich.Thank you to those helping Rich.Thank you to this forum and thank you to those that have written constructive comments.This is great news for the MAC community!!I'll be looking forward to the enhancements.What a perfect day. . . sigh!!!Peter

Rich,Thanks for your tenacity! You're so well regarded in the Fly community -- both Mac and PC -- that you could post a message saying nothing but 'burp' and it would still garner a tremendous number of views. :-lolAnyway God bless also those guys at Apple too since you say they are indeed hearing our pleas for help.You're the man, Rich!-Rick

Hey, Rich, I just had a thought...(uh oh...)Regarding the "fixes" for FLY 2 Mac, would it be possible with the aforementioned patch for FLY 2 to enable Mac users to use the Precision Manuals aircraft, as well as anything from, say, RealAir Simulations and ROTW (simvol.org)?Thank you for your time...Jim

Rich,It's been quite some time since we've heard fromyou, so I thought I'd try and get an update for everyone.Originally posted on April 24th, and here we are in June...Do you have an update yet? Have you managed toimprove frame rates, or have you even gotten that far yet?I understand you're busy, but if you could just drop anoccassional "progress log" it would help, (if you havethe time).Please understand that we know that you're doing this on your own time and we greatly appreciate you takingthe time, but when I see no posts here for almost a weekit makes me nervous...like everyone gave up!(Allan and Matthew, are you guys still here?)Best regards,Jim

Guest ftessler

Jim,Allan's away on vacation for a little while.I agree that there's not been much activity here lately. I think that many of us are waiting to see what happens with the patch. I personally have had little or no time to devote to Fly! lately because I'm moving in a few weeks - I plan to jump back in as soon as I'm set up.I haven't seen any posts from Rich in this forum for awhile - I've chalked this up to him probably being busy with work at TRI. However, he did post in the main Fly! forum today, so he's around.-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerG4/500Fly! for Mac Forum Co-moderator

Hi Jim,I'm still here :-)With regards to some stuff that I've been doing:I've managed to port the TBM 700 dlls to the Mac, so it runs on the Mac now. We're probably just waiting for Rene from ROTW to upload the necessary items.The DC10 project has come to a temporary halt, because our graphic artist, John, is Mac based and he can't work on anything until a patch is released to correct an sdk bug which prevents custom gauges from being drawn correctly (there's far too many custom gauges in the DC10).I've ported some of the dlls for RealAir's Citabria (a long time ago now), but once again there's drawing problems with the sdk, so this won't get released until that gets fixed.Porting DexImport by Frank Racis: Frank's done a lot of work to make the code non platform specific (thanks Frank!), so I'm attempting to port it to the Mac, but I've still got A LOT to learn with CodeWarrior and Powerplant, Mac Toolbox, FSSpecs.... arghh!! In other words this may take a while. :-)So, there is stuff happening :-)Cheers,Matthew.

Hi Everyone,May I just say a big thanks to each and everyone of you who has supported this forum and FLYs future. The Mac community is a very special one and its down to your constructive feedback and technical observations that has enabled Fly development to go forward.To all of you who are involved backstage from publishers to development...a BIG... Thank You, and especially APPLE for observing our views and concerns and for the commitment you have shown.....you have made a lot of faithful follwers very happy.Finally...I have difficulty expressing thanks to someone you has gone through so much personal trauma.....only to continue thinking of others and our hobby......and continually goes above and beyond the call of duty...................THANKS RICH .....we are all so very grateful.JohnDC10 ProjectB737-500

Guest jrewing

Matthew,Excellent news about the TBM700 and DexImport!I've been reading about Randall's approach updates over the past 6 months and it's been driving me nuts that there's no way on the Mac to import navaid changes. If you get DexImport working, then kudos to you!Keep us posted on when these two items might become available.Best,John

When the day comes, I'm sure every minute of it will have been worth the long wait. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS