Sign in to follow this  

Help! Fly!2 refuses ROTW maps of France ...

Hello everybodytoday I wanted to install the maps for France ROTW is offering on their website www.simvol.org/fly. To my big surprise Fly!2 just refused to start. As soon as I deleted the maps, everything worked fine again. Did somebody have the same problems.As I'm not sure if this is only a Mac problem, I placed this post on the general forum as well.Max

Hi Max,I had no problems with the maps of France on my system. Usually problems go away after deleting the fly.ini file and to start Fly! II again. Of course you would need to adjust all your settings again.Happy Flying,Jeroen ----------Fly! II 2.0.216 Mac versionOS 10.1.4,. 832 MB RAMG4/400

Hello Jeroenthank you for your posting. I tried out your suggestion to delete the fly.ini file, but the problem remains. When I realized that you work with OSX, I started Fly!2 with OSX, but nothing changed. I have the same Mac version (2.0.216) as you. The whole thing remains a mistery ....Max

Guest Allan Jones

Max,Look in your Fly.ini file and find the line that reads:SearchPodfilesFirst=1 (or something like this -- I'm at work and can't check the exact wording)and change the 1 to 0, if you haven't already done so. Most add-on packages need this little change.

Hello Allanthank you for your suggestions.I've set SearchpodfilesFirst=0 and then I realized that Fly!2 started with some French maps, but refused to do it with others. However, when I wanted to have a look at the maps Fly! had accepted, Fly! froze .... x(Max

Hi Max,I run fly under OS 9.2.2. most of the time, but OS X is my core OS. If you like, I could send you a copy of my fly.ini file, so you can compare those.Please contact me directly if you need this file.Jeroen----------Fly! II 2.0.216 Mac versionOS 10.1.4,. 832 MB RAMG4/400