Sign in to follow this  

C4TO and Flyscripts - versions and patches?

I'm going to download Cleared 4 Takeoff and Flyscripts for Fly 2K Mac and i don't know exactly which basics and patches I need.Note: Fly 2k Mac!Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Guest jsippy

Hello Bertil,I am using Flyscripts 1.21 and C4TO 1.1I believe these are the final versions released for Fly2k---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Thank you! I'll give it a go!Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Could you give me a critque of C4TO? I've been enjoying Fly 2K again after downloading the great Rob Young models, and wonder how well the C4TO add-ons work.R. Zachery P.G3 Desktop, (500 Sonnett), ATI Orion, 320 Megs, OS 9.1

Guest Allan Jones

Hey Zack,I've been thinking about dropping the Sonnet G3 or G4/500 in my old box to extend its life a couple of more years. How's it working for you?

The Sonnet upgrade was very easy. Just make sure you clean ALL the small bits of packing foam from the pin-grid-array . The processor has performed flawlessly. Noticeable speed jump from my old 266.R. Zackery P.

Guest jsippy

If you fly IFR, you'll LOVE C4TOIts very realistic, worth every second of the download!Not too sure about its VFR abilities though, and although you can create files of your own voice as the pilot or controller, it would require quite a bit of work.---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

John:Perhaps this is a dumb question--but where in Fly 2K for the Mac is the "Sound" folder that is identified in the installation instructions for Flyscripts 1.2.1 ? R. Zachery P.

Zachery,I'm not John, but I can answer that question for you. The Sound folder you need to create yourself. You also need to create the Flyscripts! folder. Hope this helps, and good luck with Flyscripts! and C4TO.

Guest jsippy

WillyM is correct, you need to create those folders for yourself.By the way, thanks for the helpfull reply, WillyM... Work has been keeping me from getting to this forum lately---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

I'm following your discussion and tips. Very interesting! Let's hope I can make C4TO work.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

John or WillyM--Thanks for the help so-far. I've followed all the install instructions and have the latest version of everything. When I get to step 7 of the "how to generate ATC" section of the instructions, I get stuck . The "fp.rio"file in the Flyscripts! folder cannot be selected when I try to Save Scenario as specified in step 7. The file is there but I can't select it. Any advice?R. Zachery P.G3 Desktop, 500 Sonnett, 320 Meg, ATI Orion, OS 9.1

Guest jsippy

When I use C4TO, I set up my flightplan, setup the aircraft, and setup the weather. Once done with all that I choose "Save Scenario As..." and then simply choose the Flyscripts folder as the destination and save the scenario as "fp" (Fly will put in the ".rio" for you).In other words, you should not have to actually click on, or otherwise select an existing fp.rio file---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

I just thought I should emphasize something in case it wasn't made clear.DO NOT SAVE THE FILE AS FP.RIO, just save it as fp. If you set the filename to fp.rio, it will be saved as fp.rio.rio. So remember, save it only as fp. (Without the period)Good luck.

John and WillyM:Thanks to both of you. I'm havng fun again. I got discouraged waiting for Fly II to become reality, and the models for the baseline Fly2K were so bad that flying was impossible. So I got busy with other things. Anyway--finally downloaded all the Rob Young models for Fly2K and experienced an epiphany. Of course, being 63 years old, someone is going to take away my flying license soon!!!R. Zachery P.G3 DT (500 Sonnett)320 MegsATI Rage Orion OS 9.1