Sign in to follow this  

C4TO and Flyscripts - versions and patches?

Guest Allan Jones

Hey Zack!I thought I was the senior citizen here! You beat me by 8 years!The "senior citizen" status didn't soak in until eldest daughter made me a grandpa last summer. That was quite a shock for a guy who still wonders what he's going to be when he grows up!!:DRegards,

Guest jsippy

Really glad to have helped out. Because I am running an nVidia GeForce 2MX I can not enjoy FlyII as of yet, but that's OK... Fly2K is running great for me and thanks to many outstanding sceneries, C4TO, and Rob (and a few others') planes I am having a blast with it.---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Flightsimmers never grow up, do they?Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

I changed the weather to check if C4TO changes active runway on ESPC. Nothing happened. I was told that it would change if the wind direction changes. Am I right? If so, what did I do wrong?Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Bertil;Are you changing the weather mid-flight, or are you saving it under a new fp.rio and restarting? C4TO will not recognize anything that wasn't saved to the fp.rio file. Let me know.

I'll do a restart and check things out. Coming back with the result.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Restart did not work. I had to restart, escape, change weather, and save fp.rio, and RESUME(!). The same trick I use to force the real-weather file to load. Seems that restart blows the weather settings out as well as airplane load weight. That worked! Default active on ESPC is 13/31 in Fly! In real it is 12/30. 13/31 is a wartime rwy, in peacetime the road to the aiport terminal. When I loaded the ILS and NDB files made by Randall Rocke, the default atc changed from rwy 31 to 30, probably because he had to move the rwy objects a bit to make the ILS glideslope and NDB positions to fit. The real ILS is rwy 12.What I did was to pretend I heard rwy 12 instead of 13 that the ATC suggest after the wind adjustment. I was directed out to the gate whithout questions anyway.:-haloProblems solved, but not the way we thougt. Later I'll try a longer distance.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Bertil,Thanks for directing me to this thread - I've never been to this forum before. :-)You've got me wondering about Fly!'s ATC runway assignment - whenever I've edited the DB, it's been to resolve placement and component issues. I'll recheck the data fields, but I don't recall anything that was specific as to runway assignments.Enjoy C4TO! I believe that it's one of the finest freeware programs out there. It's true that C4TO isn't quite "smart enough" to know which parallel or close-to-parallel runway has an ILS, localizer, VOR, etc., but it does a great job of assigning in accordance to winds. Just do what you've done and shoot the approach to the appropriate runway - the vector will still be close enough to do the job.

Randall Rocke

Well, now it looks that i got the info to keep me going on. Thanks Randall for hopping in. Good to "hear" from you.For others who wants to try: Randall has done a good work, creating the ILS and NDB for ESPC for both 2K and and II. For Mac you need DBimport to create them.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr