Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allan Jones

ROTW and the TBM700

Guest Allan Jones

I posted a note to ROTW in the Main Forum regarding the above aircraft. Their web site has, for some time, stated that the Mac version will be ready in a few days. I asked how it was going.Rene responded that they are progressing slowly on converting the dll's for the Mac. If anyone has experience with this type of programming, It sounds like ROTW could use some assistance, even though they have some Mac people aboard.Here's the link to this short thread:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID14

>Rene responded that they are progressing slowly on >converting the dll's for the Mac. If anyone has experience >with this type of programming, It sounds like ROTW could use >some assistance, even though they have some Mac people >aboard. >Allan:Here we go again! It's the same issue (from what I can tell) as to why PMDG could not release their aircraft for Mac either.Something about the .dll files on the pc there as well.TRI says that Apple had to release some kind of .dll file, although I don't remember the reason...you might want to do an archive search.Bottom line is don't expect to be able to fly the Socata anytime soon unless Apple releases this file.I, too, am getting fed up with Apple's lack of support regarding their gaming philosophy (if they even have one).Apple keeps harping about A-list games on the Mac, but all I've been seeing are Q3 engine titles by Aspyr. What's up with that?The games are good and well done, but they're all FPS.Target: Korea and Target : Rabaul look like they'll be good, but they're MMP games (so you don't actually OWN the sim).Anyway, I'll quit complaining now. I have been evangelizing at work and talked the web content guy into buying my old Mac, and he went out and bought OS X because I kept telling him how great it was. I WILL not do that again until Apple gets off it's butt.Maybe my next computer will be a (choke, cough, cough, gag)Windows machine so I can use FLY 2 (Naahhh)!!Jim

Guest Allan Jones

You're right on as usual, Jim.We have the same problems with the SAAB 340.It's interesting that the ROTW PA19 and PA28 have some dll's in the PC version but there are working Mac versions. I wonder if ROTW stripped out the hooks in the main .pod that call the dll files.Before you go out and do the "Dark Side" thing, read Pete Sterling's posts. I was ready to do it but then read Pete's miseries!We know Apple is reading our mail -- Hey Cupertino dudes! Help us out!!:-zhelp

Hey, my ears were burning, did I see my name mentioned?I lament the fact I went to the darkside to enjoy this sim, but as it stands right now, that's the only way to get into PMDG's new 757 and into some of the other releases. Coming up on a month with windows XP and I do miss the Mac OS. I still have my trusty G3 running OS 9, and on occasion OS X, so I can come back and get a dose of sanity.I do hope Rich can come through on the update for the Mac and hopfully this will enable PMDG and ROTW to bring their great products over to us. Should this come to pass, sadly my G3 will not be up to the task of running Fly! the way it should be. You'll need a fast graphics card and a fast processor to see what Fly! is really like.Now, if only Apple would release OS X for Intel...Pete

Guest Allan Jones

Sorry, Pete -- just had to pick on you a little bit! :DI may have missed a decent PC for Fly. Someone advertised a used home-built, with a 1.4gHz Athlon, 300+MB RAM, a 20GB drive (not big enough!) and a 64MB vidcard (type not specified). It had WinME and Office 2000, plus an inkjet printer and a desk. Asking price was $600 OBO. Would love to let young son build one from parts but that unit would have been a good deal consideing the cost of Office!Oh well, had I bought it, there wouldn't be enough $$ in the bank for a ZIF upgrade, next item on my list of 'puter stuff.

>Now, if only Apple would release OS X for Intel...... if only :-)Matthew.