Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cessna_Flyer

Help! C4TO/Fly!Scripts problems!

Guest Cessna_Flyer

I think C4TO/Fly!Scripts might be crashing my computer. I have been experiencing crashes on just about every flight since I installed these two add-ons. I usually receive a message that says "Unmapped memory exception." I would only get this error once in a while before I installed the add-ons. Has anyone else had problems with these add-ons? What could be causing this? Any advice is welcome. ;(8 My box specs:Ruby iMac 400MHz slot loader384mb RAMATI Rage Pro 128MacOS 9.2.2/10.1.4Fly!2K patched up to SDK level-Greg :-spam1 :-zhelp

Guest Allan Jones

Greg, that error has a familiar ring but I haven't seen it in a while. Is Fly generating the message or is it coming from the system?I recall seeing that error only during the very early days of Fly!1, before I started patching.How much memory have you allocated to Fly?

Guest Cessna_Flyer

The error window appears to be Mac generated. However, the error window pops up in Fly!2K. I could be flying along and the screen will close out as if you press the escape button, then the error window pops up. I can still move my mouse, but I cannot click on anything and I can usually get out with a force quit to restart. I used to get the unmapped memory error with the PMDG 757s. An increase in allocated memory took care of that problem. Currently, my memory settings are:384mb physical RAMVM-offsuggested size: 79033kminimum size: 98000kpreferred size: 307033kI have these settings set high, but this is what works best and keeps the sim stable. I doubt I could allocate much more without taking from needed memory for the system software. Also, if I allocate too little memory the scenery tiles will start to flash and change colors.-Greg :-spam1 ;(8

This may be a given, but are you running Fly! version 1.01.88?

Guest Cessna_Flyer

Yes, I am running Fly!2K fully patched up to the SDK level.Just a quick update...I flew a short flight with C4TO last night and everything worked fine. I can see this will be one of those problems that happens frequently but still intermittently. Those are always the hardest to fix! :-grr And I just remembered to point out that the crashes happen just minutes after takeoff.-Greg :-spam1 ;(8

Guest Allan Jones

Greg,As long as it's 2K, try dropping the allocation to under 250MB and see if the problem repeats. If it looks like a system error, there may be some background function needing memory.An old and now defunct Mac Fly! site said that allocating too much to Fly1/2k could induce problems. He recommended running between 160 and 200MB. I think he was a little conservative, but he had a lot of hours with the sim.Try working down incrementally until the scenery flashing starts, then work back up a few MB at a time.Worth a try!

Guest Cessna_Flyer

"An old and now defunct Mac Fly! site said that allocating too much to Fly1/2k could induce problems."Interesting. Do you remember any specific problems?"Try working down incrementally until the scenery flashing starts, then work back up a few MB at a time."I'll try some tweaking and see what happens. This process may take some time because I'll be testing many things aside from memory. Again, I must keep memory high enough for Fly!2K to run well _THEN_ I must add a little more so add-ons such as the PMDG 757 don't crash. Trying to keep everything balanced at a lower level will be a big challenge. :-bla Everyone: thanks for the tips and info. Keep a look out for updates on what I find. :-term-Greg :-spam1 ;(8

Guest Allan Jones

Gregg,I can't recall the reason for the guy's memory recommendation. As just about every Mac program benefits from more RAM, it does sound strange. I tried hitting the site once again and got a 404 like before. He likely posted the info at a time when 256MB physical RAM was whopping huge, and wanted to leave something free for system resources.