Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Aircraft Livery (re-paints)

Hi everyone,Is there any MAC guys/gals out there who wish they could contribute to the developement of FLY2k/FLYII......but alas don't know how??For example: how many of you would like to repaint aircraft, but don't have a clue where to start?If you think that you would like to get involved.... please let me know, and also any concerns you may have.Thanks againJohn

John,I'd be glad to help here. Last year I'd written a how-to on painting the Jean Sabatier Boeing 727 which is Mac based. It included a list of tools needed and came with a 727 toolkit which one can use as the basis of a repaint. If memory serves, it can be found in the Fly! II aircraft AVSIM library. Search for Pete Sterling or Peter Sterling and you should find it amongst all of the hits. If anyone has questions I'll be happy to answer, but be aware that my email sucks occasionally and I'am sometimes unable to answer stright away, so be patient.PeteDC10 Project PainterMAC guy at heart

I'd love to do some file tweakin, I suck with modeling though. Repaints are to boring to me, I'd like to take a flight model, and try to match it to a different A/C.Likethe skyhawk to a 152.Would need someone to make a real model though, and it'd have to be nice work 'cause I don't like shabby projects either:)

As a graphic designer, I'd like to give repaints a try again especially if the process was Mac based and was open to most of the Fly! II aircraft. I'd also like to design models and scenery but have no clue on how to get started. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

John,I got your message and had drafted a reply. My ISP refused the message because it was not originating from their system so it vanished into the ether.Anyway, Yes to templates. Good Idea on that other thingy and I'll help wherever you think I'd be useful. I'll try sending a new response from my other account but that one's not too much better.Pete

Guest Cessna_Flyer

John,I'd be more than happy to get into Fly! development. I want to help out more than ever because of the current status of the Fly! series. I would probably be just limited to Fly!/Fly!2K since I'm only running Fly!2K on my machine. My knowledge in sim development is very limited, but I am willing to learn and help out in any way I can. I'm good with computers and have some basic knowledge of C++. Do you have something planned for us? Let us know what is up.Fly!2K fully patched up to SDK developer versioniMac DV 400MHz (summer 2000)384MB RAMATI Rage 128 ProMacOS 9.2.2/10.1.5-Greg :-spam1

Hi John,I have 3d modelling experience and would like to get involved, however most of the MAC 3d programs are limited to what the files can be saved as to make it easy for porting into PC version. I'd really like to try some aircaft or panels but don't have a lot of reference images. I've actually been planning on taking a trip to Chapters or the library to get some info but work and life are a bit too busy right now. I've also been collecting questions to post so that I can get some added assitance once I begin my first attempt.Peter

Hi Peter,Do you have Photoshop??I'm curious............If you constructed a 3D odject, can it be saved in any of the basic formats which would allow me to import it directly into Photoshop??Also which 3D program are you using or are most familiar with.Thanks for your interestRegards John

Hi John,I have Photoshop 6 and am about to install 7.Once a 3d drawing is rendered I can save it in pretty much any format, however in order to save the actual 3d model my only option right now is DXF. This is the only format that's cross platform.The programs that I create the models in are http://www.nemetschek.net/vectorworks/ and http://www.strata.com/Talk to you later,Peter