Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

How to Paint Aircraft Livery (in easy steps)

Hi Everone,This Introduction will give you an insite into whats involved and what to expect in the following lessons.WHAT YOU WILL NEED: Adobe Photoshop Alladin Stuffit ExpanderTHE SYSTEM:What we intend to do is make a sequence of TEMPLATES for exsisting and future aircraft. The basis of these templates will be color coded and labeled as to which part of the aircraft it textures.GETTING STARTED:What we will do is UP-LOAD to the Forum the following files.A) Aircraft description (example: Boeing 727 - FLY2k):( Photoshop Templates in Folders (Usually 8 in total)WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:First: Download the files (Zip)Second: Open Photoshop and Open the Folder you downloaded and SELECT the first File (No.1)Below is an image of what you'll be presented with.Each image will have several FOLDERS labeled to the corresponding Aircraft TextureAll you will have to do is select the MAGENTA colored areas with the MAGIC WAND TOOL and then change the color to the color of your chosen livery. (THIS WILL BE KNOWN AS THE BASE COLOR - the underlying color).The OTHER folders supplied will be STANDARD OBJECTS (eg. Windows, Exit Doors, Stripes) common to most aircraft.The LAYERS will be as follows:LAYER D - STRIPE LAYER (you will select and then change the color, re-position and re-size if required)LAYER C - DOORS LAYER (you will just re-position and re-size this layer)LAYER B - WINDOWS LAYER (you will just re-position and re-size this layer)LAYER A - The BASE COLOR LAYER (you will select and then change the color)When you've FINISHED changing the color of your LIVERY you will then need to SAVE them in TWO FORMATS (ACT and RAW).These files also will have to be SAVED as specific names (which we will supply)On completion of these proceedures ALL you will have to do is PLACE your SAVED (RAW/ACT files) into the ART folder in order to see your works of ART!!Ive attached a PHOTO of what can be achieved by using the system (It is not complete or perfect, just a first attempt)WHATS NEXT: PETE (Mac/Paint the PAINT MASTER) is in the process of looking at file convertions and template issuesand between the two of us I'm pretty confident we can make this work.I'm going to speak with PETE shortly, with the intentions of BETA testing a dummy run LIVE on the Forum.This will be based on the B727 FLY2k MAC version, if this is possible and we can get some templates uploaded, expectinformation over the next day or two on how to participate.IMPORTANT: PLEASE, PLEASE UPLOAD EVERY AIRCRAFT LIVERY YOU COMPLETE, WHETHER ITS GOOD OR BAD (IN YOUR OPINION) THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE ARE GOING TO ATTRACT NEW FLYERS, AND CREATE INTEREST AND MAKE FLYII/FLY2k A SUCCESS.Please post any comments or viewsThanks for your timeJohn and Pete (MAC livery development Team)

Hey, now that's awesome guys! Will we be able to repaint the original aircraft in Fly! II? Or just Fly!2k aircraft? Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Hi Rich,Personally I'm still running Fly2k at the moment, but as far as I'm aware FLYII aircraft are still textured the same way, just saved in a different format........ I'll check with Pete, but I think all FLY aircarft should be able to be converted.Regards John