Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

Attention GREG (Spam)

Hi Greg, thanks for the repyIve attached a script idea for you to have a look at. Just have a ponder over what i'm trying to create and let me know if its something you think can be done either by Flyscripts, Python, C++, Applescripts whatever??)If you'd personally like to get involved I've got a couple of ideas for my B737-500 Project, I'd like to run by you.Thanks John

Guest Cessna_Flyer

I'm guessing that you are trying to create a script that lets you hear vehicles and other stuff passing by the aircraft. Sounds as if it could be done without too much trouble. But please keep in mind that I'm just a beginner at all this development stuff. I'll do what I can, but I still have much learning to do. I'm also running Fly!2K and not Fly!II. I'll consider/try doing work for Fly!II, but I'm not sure what I could do without the sim on my machine. Let me know what you have in mind, John.-Greg

Hi Greg,......Yep thats exactly what I"m trying to create. Nobody seems to be able to do anything about the A1 aircraft in FLY so I thought lets create the next best thing and simulate an airport environment. I've got quite a few sounds already which we can use, but alas a need someone to have ago at programming the script. Basically it needs to play two random WAV files (for starters). If you fancy having a go at it LETS start simple by perhaps just being able to play WAVS sounds in the background on the PUSH of a KEYBOARD command. After starting the script lets play aircraft taking of and landing and just see how it sounds and what if any relation it has on FLY or Frame rates.Incidently, I'm still running Fly2k (Mac) so compatabilty should'nt be an issue.Let me know how you feel about having ago, but don't feel under any pressure Its only for FUN, but everyones goto start somewhere.Thanks anyway for trying to Help outRegards JohnPS. How are you at System files (SVH, PNL etc)

Guest Cessna_Flyer

I am willing to have a try at this project. Also, have you considered forming a Mac development team with people of all experience levels? This may be a good idea if we have limited development skills in certain areas."PS. How are you at System files (SVH, PNL etc)"I am not too familiar with these files. However, many of these files don't look too hard to learn. The .SVH files seem to be clearly labeled.Do you have the Flyscripts.pdf manual? This manual tells you all about Flyscript programming. I'll be looking through it soon myself to try to learn some stuff.-Greg

Thanks Greg for having a go at the script. Ive tried on several occasions to generate interest in projects, but I got a poor responce on the PC side, so I'm just trying on the MAC forum. The whole idea is to attract interest and discussion as to who can do what, and perhaps we can really start getting some development done, but alas responce and interest does'nt seem much better here. (Unless people are waiting for Rich's patch)If you need any help on this I'll be only too willing.....but the expert on these matters is guy called Matthew Horridge. (C++).Thanks GregJohn

Guest Cessna_Flyer

Great! Let me know what your plans are and what I can start on. More good news...I just found out about www.flydevelopers.com in the main forum. "The whole idea is to attract interest and discussion as to who can do what, and perhaps we can really start getting some development done"It would be great if a Mac development team could be made.