Sign in to follow this  

Help me in Mac displaying-Giorgio Gnesda

Dearests,I know, sometime, there are problems with planes dysplaying for Mac users. like you know I want to upload my Citation x,Md80 and B737 this week end, but I'd like let to Mac users to see my plane correctly.I remember,when I maked some aircraft repaints,I received some emails from Mac users that saw planes TRASPARENT.If someboby can say me the reason of this problem,I can try to solve it.Thank you for your informations and a dear regard to all you.Giorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

Giorgio,I'm not sure if this is the correct answer or if it will help you, but the only time I've experience planes that have been somewhat transparent was because I had allocated to much memory to Fly! II. Thus, there wasn't enough usable memory for OpenGL (I think) or something else to render it correctly. Planes appeared as a white shell until I reduced the memory allocation back to more normal levels.If you don't have a Mac, I'd be more than honored to beta test it for you before you make it available for downloading for Mac users.Thank you so much for your significant contributions to the Fly! community. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Hi Rich,Thank you very much for your reply, I hope to understand the reason Mac users can have this problem. When you will download my planes, email me about their displaying.Thank you and a dear regardGiorgio Gnesda

Guest Allan Jones

Giorgio,Bless you for thinking of the Mac people!I agree with Rich --overallocating memory to Fly and forgeting that OpenGL needs to run give white a/c.There's another factor: So far, no one has been able to convert PC scripts to work on Macs. We cannot run the beautiful TBM700 from ROTW, nor the SAAB 340 because they have scripts that add extra function, but don't work on Macs. Simply placing a PC script in the right Mac folder does not work. Trying to load a plane with PC scripts causes us to crash to desktop.ROTW released a separate version of the PA-28 that was Mac-friendly. I suspect they disabled the call to the scrpts, and now I fly the PA-28 as much as any a/c in my hanger.Thank you again.

I'll upload the plane as is, but I wait from all you (Mac users), your feedbacks to know if all right or not ok?A dear regardGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

Hi Giorgio,Bad news for me........Ive downloaded your Aircraft and all of them are Transparent. This has never happened to me before, but I've tried adjusting memory allocation to minimum and maximum, but it has made no difference at all.I've attached a pic of what I'm getting.Really hope you can get to the bottom off this, I've been really looking forward to your aircraft.Regards JohnG4/450Radion Mac AGP32556 RAMMacOS 9.2

Ciao John,Next week I try to to some experiments to help Mac users :-)Say me: Good luck :-) !!Giorgio gnesda

Giorgio,No problems with the Citation here but for me the 737 and the MD80 are both transparent. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest Allan Jones

Giorgio,I finally had a little time before Sunday Mass to get your new additions and I can confirm Rich's findings. Same color -- same planes transparent. The Citation is not affected. Will try later today to compare files. I noticed that the 737 and MD80 showed slightly different file formats after downloading and unzipping.I LOVE the Citation!!!!!:-yellow1 Excellent model! Thank you, Giorgio!

dear friends,I'll try to search for the reason of this problem.If you find it before me, email me ok!Have a nice weekGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.it

Hi Giorgio,Just to confirm, I have now downloaded the Citation and as previously mentioned, everything is fine for this aircraft.regards John

The problem is that the tif texture is saved in RGB format instead of indexed. Giorgio will have to convert the tif over to indexed or I can do it if he would like me to, and post it to AVSIM.Pete

John,Is that Fly!II that you've got???Cheers,Matthew.

Might have guessed you'd figure it out!!.............How ya do'in mate??How come the Citation is OK?.....Pete as you mentioned before if Giorgio has to re-compose and re-save the textures can he make sure that the textures are individually allocated (wherever possible) so it will make life a bit easier for us to repaint the Aircraft.Regards JohnP.S. Pete are you still running MAC or have you converted to PC??